Kimbap Recipe From Egypt - Korean Cuisine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salemeng1

Assistant Cook
Hey everybody this Fatma from Cairo, Egypt. That's my first post to your great cooking forum :)
I am going to present how to make a Korean Kimbap
Actually, I'm crazy about Korea and specially the Korean food. My dream is to became a professional chef and open the most famous Asian restaurant in Egypt.

Kimbap which is so healthy, has all the nutrients, easy to make, you can take it everywhere and everybody love it.
There is many type of kimbap I decided to make tuna kimbap which I like it so much..

Ingredients:
Rice ( sushi or kimbap rice )
Seaweed sheets
Tuna
Carrot
Cucumber
Pickled yellow radish
Crab sticks
Egg and cheese if you want

1. Cut the ingredients
2. Fry the carrot lightly
3. Fry the egg on very low heat
4. Add the salt , sugar , sesame oil , rice vinegar to the rice and mix it
5. Add some soya sauce to the tuna
6. Spread the rice and place the ingredients over the seaweed sheet
7. Roll the kimbap tightly with the bamboo mat.
8. Put some sesame oil on the surface
9. Cut the kimbap into beautiful pieces

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to DC! Thanks for sharing the recipe. What is pickled yellow radish? Is it hot/sweet/sour? How thick is the tuna sliced or can it be omitted? Do you soak or steam the seaweed sheets? What is kimbap rice?

Last edited:
Welcome to DC! Thanks for sharing the recipe. What is pickled yellow radish? Is it hot/sweet/sour? How thick is the tuna sliced or can it be omitted? Do you soak or steam the seaweed sheets? What is kimbap rice?

Thanks for the warm welcome !

Pickled yellow radish is one of a special radish korea famous for, it is used in many korean dishes, it is kind of sweet and sour in the same time :), for more info about it refer to the below link :
Korean cooking ingredients: Pickled radish - Maangchi.com

The tuna is sliced, and it can be omitted or replaced by beef, chicken or smocked crab meat. Also Cheese can be removed or added (the kimbap inside is more like Pizza topping ... you can add many things :) )

No need to soak or steam the seaweed sheet we use it dry as if we are making Sushi.

Kimbap rice is the normal steamed Asian style white rice (not fried one)

My girlfriend LOVES Korean food, so I cannot wait to try and make this for her. I never realized how many of the meals I have had growing up only had one or two vegetables. Even if there are not a lot of them, I have noticed that other countries seem to have dishes that utilize quite a few vegetables. I will have to remember this the more I cook!

The "pickled yellow radish" is just pickled daikon colored yellow. Its a Korean staple, always some in our house. You can buy it in most well stocked Asian stores in the refrigerated section. H Mart carries many, many different brands of it.

It is sour and sweet with the "spiciness" of daikon and very tasty.

When we make kimbap we never use fresh fish, just eggs and veggies and sometimes the pink imitation crab.

ing_pickled_radish.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom