Kitchen utensils and gadgets for a new kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
I Was thinking of getting an electric spice grinder , a pasta machine and an electric rice cooker. Any other ideas.

I LOVE my panini press - it's good for more than just sandwiches. I have used it to "grill" portobello mushrooms, other veggies, even those cute baby peppers that I stuffed with a cream cheese/goat cheese and sausage mixture, and a steak or two.

I would assume at this stage you already have a food processor? That's another thing I use a lot.

I have a pasta machine that I haven't seen for years - I think I'll drag it out and use it this summer. Thanks for the reminder.

NIcklord, that depends on what else you have and use and like. I got our rice steamer years back when I didn't have the electricity available to run a mcirowave the 20 minutes nec. to make rice. Now, in a new apt, I don't need it.

I use my KA mixer more than anything else. Another (I know, it's small, but useful!) thing I use quite a lot is my electric carving knife. Good for lots of things.

elfie, I need to drag out my pasta maker too!

I use my KA mixer more than anything else. Another (I know, it's small, but useful!) thing I use quite a lot is my electric carving knife. Good for lots of things.

elfie, I need to drag out my pasta maker too!

I'm dragging mine out today and tonight I will do something with fresh tomatoes and pasta - I'll even post a pic to make myself do it. You drag yours out too - we'll do this together!!!

what do you usually make or have or want to make?

Me personally I cant live with out my...

hand tools (whisk, cheese grater, scrapers, rubber spatulas etc...)
Knifes
cutting board
hand mixer
Silpats and sheet pans
metal bowls
Pepper gringer

im not much for gadgets

It is OLD...Where is it?

My friend made fresh lemonade the other day. She used an Old Lemon Squeezer. WOW. She replied...you have one. I know I do...never used it. Now where is it?

You cut the lemon (or other fruit)...pull the handle down...tilt, the juice flows out and the pulp remains. Wish I could find it. Will make a search
soon. TOO HOT to search now.

Back
Top Bottom