Kraft Singles Recall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember when Kraft dared label the package "....FOOD." Now it's properly labeled "...PRODUCT". :ROFLMAO:

kraft.jpg
kraft_product.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I don't buy Kraft singles, but this seems like such an awesome way to get cream cheese on a bagel! Taken in Puerto Vallarta Mexico in a Walmart Supercenter.

SG1L1855.JPG

Will have to look for that when we go back to Mexico! :yum:

We get the store brand plastic cheese here. Along with low fat Velveeta.

I sent this on to our Niece
she buys this stuff in mass quantity
for her two boys, who are
lactose intolerant :huh: haven't figured that out yet ...
she said that her "hunk-o-cheese-product"
(she buys the economy-size ;)) is safe
phew, thank goodness
Hi. Just curious. How can her lactose intolerant boys eat this 'cheese'? Cheese is made from milk. In fact the first ingredient on the ingredients labels is milk. Oh, or is that what you haven't figured out? I hope your niece figured it out... it's definitely not something she should be feeding her boys, right? She should consider a vegan cheese. There are a lot of choices these days.

It's not really cheese. It's a Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product. It probably has too little actual milk to trigger a lactose reaction.

From Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_cheese
Because its ingredients differ so much from those of "unprocessed"/raw/natural cheeses,[1] American cheese can not be legally sold under the name (authentic) "cheese" in the US. Instead, federal (and even some state) laws mandate that it be labeled as "processed cheese", "cheese product", "cheese food", etc. As a result, sometimes even the word "cheese" is absent, altogether, from the product's labeling in favor of, e.g., "American slices" or "American singles". In the United Kingdom, packs of individually wrapped slices are labeled as "singles",[2] although they are commonly referred to as "cheese slices".

Last edited:
Hi. Just curious. How can her lactose intolerant boys eat this 'cheese'? Cheese is made from milk. In fact the first ingredient on the ingredients labels is milk. Oh, or is that what you haven't figured out? I hope your niece figured it out... it's definitely not something she should be feeding her boys, right? She should consider a vegan cheese. There are a lot of choices these days.
Sorry, but this is a common misconception. Lactose intolerance doesn't necessarily mean avoiding all dairy.

Lactose is a type of sugar. Milk contains lactose, however, many cheeses do not, as the bacteria and enzymes used to make these products consumes the lactose present in the milk.

Likewise for products like Lactaid milk. It's just regular milk to which enzymes have been added to break down the lactose.

Last edited:
"Kraft Singles". Also known as "Wallet Cheese" in our house while our son was middle-school/high school age. Never went bad, no matter how "aged" it was. :ermm:

Have at the name Frank and PF! And anyone else too. We've been using it in our family for almost two decades - the kid coined the name when he was around 14. That "cheese" hasn't killed him either - he'll turn 34 in December. :huh: Oddly enough, I'm only 29. :cool:

Have at the name Frank and PF! And anyone else too. We've been using it in our family for almost two decades - the kid coined the name when he was around 14. That "cheese" hasn't killed him either - he'll turn 34 in December. :huh: Oddly enough, I'm only 29. :cool:

You were really young when the twins were born...:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom