Leftover grilled dogs, what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 40 leftover, grilled hot dogs. I'm afraid if I freeze and try to save, they will be more rubbery than already. Any ideas ? Thanks !
I presume you kept the 4 dozen or so buns to go with?

Ingredients:

• 40 leftover, grilled hot dogs
  • 40 leftover, buns
  • condiments for slathering
  • 6 sawhorses
  • 1 child's inflatable wading pool
  • six 5-pound bags of ice
  • 5-6 cases of beer (probably more, more is better)
  • 1 barbecue, gas or charcoal
  • 1 ghetto blaster, 100 watts per channel
  • your choice of music, to taste
Method:

Set up the sawhorses on your street, three on each side of your house, arrayed to block traffic.

Inflate the child's wading pool in middle of street. Dump the ice into the pool. Dump the beer cans or bottles into the ice.

Turn on the ghetto blaster, insert music, light the barbecue.

As neighbors show up hand each one a beer, a hot dog inserted in bun and slathered with whatever condiments. Point out where there's more beer, more hot dogs, more buns, more condiments, and tell them to bring some more music if they don't like what you're playing.

Problem solved. :D

Optional: Explain to cops exactly what you're doing. Hope they like beer and 'dogs. :)

There's so much you can do. But first of all, they freeze fine. I have done it. You can use them as hot dogs or:
-Wieners and beans has been suggested
-cut them in half, put some cheese in the middle and roll them in triangles of crescent roll dough. The kind that comes in the can. Bake them at 350 until the rolls are browned and tender.
- Slice and put them in tomato soup - kid's love it!
- Slice and put them in mac and cheese
and more but that's all I can think of at the moment. :)

Gourmet Greg said:
I presume you kept the 4 dozen or so buns to go with?

Ingredients:

[*]40 leftover, grilled hot dogs
[*]40 leftover, buns
[*]condiments for slathering
[*]6 sawhorses
[*]1 child's inflatable wading pool
[*]six 5-pound bags of ice
[*]5-6 cases of beer (probably more, more is better)
[*]1 barbecue, gas or charcoal
[*]1 ghetto blaster, 100 watts per channel
[*]your choice of music, to taste

Method:

Set up the sawhorses on your street, three on each side of your house, arrayed to block traffic.

Inflate the child's wading pool in middle of street. Dump the ice into the pool. Dump the beer cans or bottles into the ice.

Turn on the ghetto blaster, insert music, light the barbecue.

As neighbors show up hand each one a beer, a hot dog inserted in bun and slathered with whatever condiments. Point out where there's more beer, more hot dogs, more buns, more condiments, and tell them to bring some more music if they don't like what you're playing.

Problem solved. :D

Optional: Explain to cops exactly what you're doing. Hope they like beer and 'dogs. :)

Great post!!

@granniero please post your address, date, and time. I have some buns left over.

Last edited:
hotdog overdose!!!

I have 40 leftover, grilled hot dogs. I'm afraid if I freeze and try to save, they will be more rubbery than already. Any ideas ? Thanks !

U can make beanie,wienies , mac,and chz with hotdogs,bbq sauce em,give them to your local bar flies ?

Back
Top Bottom