Lipton Onion Soup Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never used Lipton soup mix. DH has only used it to make dip.

While good soups are not hard to make, there are many reasons a person might use a soup mix. Here are a few reasons, off the top of my head:

• Staying in a hotel and the only way to heat water is a coffee maker
  • Stove isn't working, but the electric kettle is
  • Homelessness
  • It's what the person could get at the food bank
  • Single parent, working two or more jobs and doesn't have time to make soup from scratch
  • Broke and doesn't have ingredients at home

Geez, that's kind of a sad & depressing list. Maybe Lipton needs to change their marketing strategy? Like, when life is tough, remember Lipton Soup Mix? Kind of like the old SNL skit for "Lowered Expectations"?

Geez, that's kind of a sad & depressing list. Maybe Lipton needs to change their marketing strategy? Like, when life is tough, remember Lipton Soup Mix? Kind of like the old SNL skit for "Lowered Expectations"?

Thats actually kinda funny :LOL:

I know when we were redoing our kitchen, it took 6 weeks . For 6 weeks all we had was an electric kettle and a microwave ( out in a cold garage during the heart of winter).

I learned how to cook many things with those two things. Prepared soups were one of them. I actually pre-made matzo balls and froze them. All I had to do was make a broth in the kettle and plop in a few matzo balls until they cooked through.

Never would have even considered using the Lipton onion soup mix for soup.

And being on the topic, I never used the vegetable one as soup either. Thats the one I make the dip with chopped spinach, shipped water chestnuts and scallions ( along with sour cream and mayo). Great to dip hard crusted bread in ( or ruffled potato chips)

Back
Top Bottom