Looking for a TNT.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NavyJeremy

Assistant Cook
Pork Chop marsala. I have tried to make it 3-4 times and every single time it comes out tasting like liver. I have almost given up hope that I can cook it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

Ykies Jeremy.......liver?? I suspect that you don't like the flavor of Marsala. Perhaps the Marsala has gone bad? Have you tasted it? Does it taste like liver to you?
Scratching my head, sorry.

The very first time I tried to make it I used and old bottle of Marsala. I thought that same thing so I dumped it and went out and bought a new one. Tried it again a couple of days later with the new bottle and same results

That pretty much clears that up Jeremy.......you don't like Marsala. The general rule in cooking with wine is don't cook with anything you wouldn't drink. Unless your recipe has something else odd in it, that's the only logical answer.
P.S. Another thought, does your recipe have thyme in it? I don't like thyme at all, and come to think of it, I think it tastes a little like liver.

Last edited:
I am not really a big wine fan but, I have had the pork chop marsala and chicken marsala many times before at Carrabbas and I love it. I was trying to make it at home to no avail.

NJ, what kind of pork chops are you using? Please post the recipe.

For the chops I am using boneless as that is pretty much all that we get here at the Commissary. Very rarely to we get any with bones in them.

When I get off work I am going to search for the recipe and if I find it I will post it tomorrow night when I am back here at work.

I will post my recipe tomorrow, it's one of my favorites... I hope you are butterflying those chops and pounding...

There was a great recipe here, sorry you'll have to search for it, for chicken marsala, I think yo could use the same way for pork.

Back
Top Bottom