Looking for help with All-Day Breakfast Special at the bar!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jared_mizanin

Assistant Cook
Hello all,
I work for my dad at our neighborhood bar. We like to come up with some cool specials and one of our upcoming specials will be an 'all-day breakfast.' Now I'm no great chef, so I'm looking for ideas for simple things I can do for this special. Eggs seem pretty easy, as does bacon and toast. Anybody have any other recommendations? If I'm going to make some stuff up in advance, it must hold well. If I'm to make it fresh to order, it has to be fairly simple. It can get fairly busy at times at the bar and I wouldn't want to get in over my head. Thanks for any suggestions, fellas!

Omlette - Maybe pick your own ingredients.
Bfast Burrito - Meat or veggy style

This is something that I often go to this diner for and could eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and it's an easy make ahead... Crabcake benedict... It's absolutely fabulous, I think their trick is homemade hollandaise sauce, and great crabcakes... :):):)

Eggo toaster waffles with fruit compote & whipped cream.

Soft boiled eggs on toasted and buttered English muffins with three strips of bacon. (Don't forget to use vinegar in the poaching water.)

Biscuits & Gravy - both can be made ahead of time and kept warm. (Keep hot sauce handy for the customer.)

Chicken strips & Gravy. Serve the gravy on the side like a dipping sauce.

Ah Ha I forgot about the infamous Harlem special, fried chicken and waffles... Can't beat the flavor profile, amazing... :chicken::chicken::chicken:

Homefries. Must have homefries!

Parboil lots of potatoes the night before, drain, and cool.
Next day, crisp them up on the griddle with whatever fat you're using.
Salt and pepper, maybe some powdered onion and garlic.
Just don't do the shake of paprika... :rolleyes:

If your griddle is seasoned well, you can press them slightly and develop a sheet of crispy love.

Homefries make or break brunch for me.

Don't forget you can include sweets like pastry, cinnamon rolls, muffins, and fresh fruit. Bagels and different cream cheeses.

Hello all,
I work for my dad at our neighborhood bar. We like to come up with some cool specials and one of our upcoming specials will be an 'all-day breakfast.' Now I'm no great chef, so I'm looking for ideas for simple things I can do for this special. Eggs seem pretty easy, as does bacon and toast. Anybody have any other recommendations? If I'm going to make some stuff up in advance, it must hold well. If I'm to make it fresh to order, it has to be fairly simple. It can get fairly busy at times at the bar and I wouldn't want to get in over my head. Thanks for any suggestions, fellas!

i make breakfast burrittos for my kids they love them and they are easy to make . i also recommend egg and cheese sandwitches or sausage , egg and cheese on a bagle all very good and easy to make .

You can try Breakfast Burritos.

Scrambled eggs can be made in advance and kept warm in a steamer or some such thing. You can even keep them with cheese already melted on, or finish that off just before serving.

Really all it takes is a tortilla, scrambled eggs, cheese and a little salsa. Place all ingreadients in a warmed tortilla, and you can serve it wraped up and easy to pick up, or laying on the plate with extra salsa over the top.

nobodys mentioned sausages yet.:ermm:

I love sausages and who don't !!

Skillet steak and eggs hash browns on the side.

You can find mini cast iron skillets for single servings. Broil and serve.

Sausage Quiche (or baked sausage/egg cassarole...or baked oatmeal cassarole with blueberries in it), baked sweet-potato fries, roasted red/green/yellow bell peppers, and a couple of big ripe fresh strawberries on the side. Trust me....your customers will kiss the cook! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom