Looking for Man-Sized Pancake.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mech3d

Assistant Cook
I live in NJ and where ever I go out for breakfast and have pancakes they are light and fluffy. You eat three of them and you are still hungry.

But when I visit other states and have pancakes for breakfast, the pancakes are huge, probably over 1/2" thick and the size of the plate. One pancake would fill you up.

That's what I am looking to make, a caveman-sized pancake that makes your eyes pop out when you see it.

Any suggestions on how to make these gigantic pancake?

Thanks,
Joe C.

I live in NJ and where ever I go out for breakfast and have pancakes they are light and fluffy. You eat three of them and you are still hungry.

But when I visit other states and have pancakes for breakfast, the pancakes are huge, probably over 1/2" thick and the size of the plate. One pancake would fill you up.

That's what I am looking to make, a caveman-sized pancake that makes your eyes pop out when you see it.

Any suggestions on how to make these gigantic pancake?

Thanks,
Joe C.

You will probably need a flat-top too cook those because a pan would make it difficult to flip them, even if you are an expert at it. IMO. I'm sure a standard batter will work, just keep pouring.;)

A pizza peel would also be very helpful.

Last edited:
You will probably need a flat-top too cook those because a pan would make it difficult to flip them, even if you are an expert at it. IMO. I'm sure a standard batter will work, just keep pouring.;)

A pizza peel would also be very helpful.

My BIL had a two burner griddle. He would make two at a time on it. I don't know where he got it, but he had an old WWII army spatula and it was huge. He said it was designed to pick up two at a time and then drop them on two piles. Flip two at a time. Ingenious. But I like the idea of a peel for what he is looking to make. Make sure it is the short handle one. Great suggestion. :angel:

I often use a recipe from Southern Living - 40 Years of Our Best Recipes that is called Overnight Refrigerator Pancakes. The recipe makes 8 cups of batter, which results in about 2+ dozen pancakes. Lots of thick batter. Lots of great pancakes. I just whipped up a bowl of the batter to make pancakes for tomorrow morning's breakfast. The nice thing about this batter is that it will keep in the refrigerator for about a week so you don't have to make all the pancakes right away and/or you can cook pancakes several times in a row without any bother of preparing more batter.

Today is National Pancake day. IHOP has all you can eat!

Ha! I'm partial to lite, German style, sour cream pancakes and the great potato latkes on the heavier side!:yum: Both can be served with the same condiments.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom