Making Meat Most Tender?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
I'm trying to get down to to make my beef, pork, and chicken the most tender. I always buy quality cuts. These meats im cooking are eaten with rice, and stir fry veggie sides, for the diet im on. Curious how to get it most tender.

You can bake it in the oven. Does cooking it in a slower temp for longer make it more tender?

You can cook it in a skillet with olive oil. Dont think these is best way

You can brown the meat in skillet, then transfer it to the oven. Once again, are lower temps better for tenderness?

You can brown the meat, then add liquid, cover, and simmer

Which way makes meat the most tender from a scientific perspective?

None of these need to be cooked low and slow. Low and slow are for meats with more fat in them like a pork butt. Or if you are smoking the chicken or meat.

A pork chop does very well seared on both sides then placed in a 425° oven - for a 3-4" pork chop cook cook in oven 6-8 minutes or so. I have found that they are more tender at a higher temperature than lower.

You might also try pounding out some chicken breasts VERY thin - pan saute in some olive oil then finish in oven for about 15 minutes. Season/flavor with anything you want but be sure to at least use salt and pepper!! I make a sauce with Marsala, chicken broth, and caramalized mushrooms.

You could also pound out pork cutlets very thin.

As far as meat I assume you mean steak. Just grill or pan saute until desired doneness. The tenderness will come from the cut of meat or the way it's prepared, as in London broil i.e., 6-7 minutes on each side and sliced against the grain very thin.

Back
Top Bottom