Map-o-Spread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

forty_caliber

Admiral of the Texas Navy
Moderator Emeritus
Some friends of ours are finally moving back to Texas from Canada (long, long, long story). Mrs .40's best friend brought me a jar of Map-o-Spread. It has the consistency of spun-honey and tastes like sort of like maple syrup. She explained that it was a staple food product in their area of the country.

I spread some on pancakes this morning and it was pretty good. A pleasant change of pace.

Anyone have experience with this product or know of a unique way to use it?

Sounds like a spread for toast or muffins, etc.

Could it be just super concentrated syrup with air whipped in? Is there an ingredients label?

Ingredients: Sugar/glucose-fructose, water, artificial flavour, copra oil, agar, potassium sulphate, colour.

Made in Quebec

The jar says to spread on toast or other delectables. I just thought some of our Canadian members might have a specific use for it.

3272689513_fedfaae8b9.jpg

Last edited:
If you search online for it, it comes up as a Smuckers product from Canada. If you go to the Smuckers website (both US and Canadian) there is no mention of it at all.

It's disappointing that it's a concoction of stuff made to taste maple-like. The hyphenated almost "maple" name should have been a clue. Sort of like when a product label says 'chocolaty' rather than 'chocolate'. Code for, "Does not actually contain real chocolate".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom