Matches made in heaven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
garden tomatoes and worcestershire sauce
waffles and neopolitan ice cream
sausage and peppers
veal and peppers
baked brie and raspberry sauce
dogs and beans
kimchi and rice
a bagel and a shmear
shrimp and cocktail sauce
lobster and butter
raw clams and tobasco
buffalo wings and blue cheese dressing
roasted peanuts and beer

lol, whenever i read the title of this thread, i think of the old stupid joke from many years ago when someone with a cigarette in the mouth would ask for a match.
the reply waz always, "my butt and your face?"
:rolleyes:

What salad dressing to use with a side salad for a given dinner has been a topic I've been wanting to explore with all here.

Steak and baked potato and a Ranch dressing go with together fine, but what about other meals? What salad dressing with what main dish?

For me, any fish dinner with blue cheese dressing as a side salad goes well.

Last edited:
For Beef Stroganoff or Swedish meatballs, Russian dressing goes great. It's a balance of some kind.
There's 1000 Island, French Dressing, Ceasar and others.

Is there like, a list of what dressing on salad goes best with what?

French dressing salad goes well with what? For me? Liver and onions and making McDonalds secret sauce.

Last edited:
Combinations Dropt From Heaven

Good Morning,

This is a Great Post ... I have many food combinations and / or food wine pairings I enjoy very much ...

1. filet mignon with home made Bernaise

2.:chef: The Mediterranean Trilogy: fine wine, crusty warm bread & cheese ...

3. :yum: Buffala di Mozzarella, Fresh Basil, Tomato & EVOO ... with Focaccia ...

4. Sashimi & Wasabi ...

5. Guacamole made from Haas Avocados & home made blue and white corn chips called fritos in Mexican Spanish.

6. Simply boiled until tender fresh Lobster with butter sauce & Prosecco !

7. Emilia Romagna Ragù and Ribbon pasta or with Lasagne ...

8. Fiore Sardo Pecorino & Sardinian crusty bread with Red wine ...

9: EVOO with sea salt and fresh out of the oven Focaccia with sage and other fresh herbs ...

10. fresh oysters, drizzle of lemon & Albariño Galician Spanish white wine or Prosecco ...

11. Roast milk fed baby lamb and Mint Coulis

12. Proscuitto di Parma with Prosecco ...

13. Iberian ( Huelva D.O. ) Jabugo acorn fed air dried ham with Cava from Sant Sadurní D´ Anoia, Barcelona ...

14. Vega Sicilia, Ribera del Duero Red Wine with a León D.O. Spanish prime rib or Galician Prime Rib or a Prime Rib of steak in Mendoza, Argentina or Cordóba, Argentina with a 100% Malbec Red wine in Argentina ...

15. Thanksgiving in the USA ... all the traditional sides that accompany a roast turkey ...

*** There are others, I am sure, if I were to put on the Think Tank and Travel the Globe ...

Have a nice Sunday.
Margi. Cintrano.

Have lovely Sunday.

Maryland style steamed blue crab and beer
Crawfish boil and beer
BBQ and beer
Hotdogs and beer
hamburgers and beer
Beer and beer

garden tomatoes and worcestershire sauce
waffles and neopolitan ice cream
sausage and peppers
veal and peppers
baked brie and raspberry sauce
dogs and beans
kimchi and rice
a bagel and a shmear
shrimp and cocktail sauce
lobster and butter
raw clams and tobasco
buffalo wings and blue cheese dressing
roasted peanuts and beer

lol, whenever i read the title of this thread, i think of the old stupid joke from many years ago when someone with a cigarette in the mouth would ask for a match.
the reply waz always, "my butt and your face?"
:rolleyes:

Back to my childhood! You forgot this! Thanks for the memory! :-p

Soup 'N Cornbread.....
Peas/Beans 'N Cornbread....
Catfish 'N Hushpuppies....
Corned Beef Hash 'N Eggs....
Gumbo 'N Rice.........
Biegnets 'N Cafe Au Lait......
Turtle Soup 'N Sherry.......
Country Ham 'N Red-Eye Gravy...
Peach (Any) Cobbler 'N Nilla Ice Cream.......
Etc. Etc. 'N etc...........

Bread with butter. Bread is just not the same, if it doesnt have butter on it, as it had all through my childhood. My boyfriend on the other hand grew up in a different country, and does not care if there is no butter with the bread.:yum: :)

Bread with butter. Bread is just not the same, if it doesnt have butter on it, as it had all through my childhood. My boyfriend on the other hand grew up in a different country, and does not care if there is no butter with the bread.:yum: :)
I have to have butter on high top, soft dinner rolls, but European crusty style bread is fine without it. But then again, I usually have crusty breatd with some kind of cheese, so, it is the same thing, really....:LOL:

It is almost just one word. Breadandbutter. :yum:

I adore good bread with butter.

But, crusty bread dipped in olive oil & balsamic vinegar is really yummy too.

I like butter on very soft fresh bread, but I am equally fond of nice cold hard butter topped (not spread or they will break) on saltine crackers!

Another is a hamburger and a rootbeer - I think it is and A&W thing but it has expanded to every burger anywhere!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom