Missed my favorite burger deadline...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Okay[-first, I don't have a spare card for my camera. The card I have has the last photos of my dog (Missy) who died in October. Although I have the photos on my computer, I am scared to delete them from the card. I want new cards and will put that card away...

Second, I am not sure that I understand "burger." To me, it is something eaten in a bun--so I have two. But first--the perfect bun.

I like whole wheat kaiser rolls as the bun. Homemade. Yesterday I experimented. Instead of sesame seeds or poppy seeds, I used sea salt--kinda of a big pretzel. The buns were lovely.

My first favorite burger is to take a salmon fillet, marinade it in lime juice, soy, and ginger. Grill that, cut it to fit the burger (a square burger). I love it on a kaiser bun on a bed of baby swiss chard, topped with lime-cilantro mayo.

My other favorite burger is to take ground turkey, add oatmeal, chopped swiss chard (blanched for about 2 minutes and then dipped in ice water, spun in the salad spinner), some chilpolte chili powder, garlic. I roll the meat between 2 sheets of waxed paper (thin--about 1/4 of an inch). I then use a biscuit cutter to make perfect circles. In between the circles, I put fresh mozarella (the kind you buy or make that is a tube). I seal the edges and grill for about 3-4 minutes each side, topped with another slice of moz. The bun has mayo and swiss chard on it (on the bottom). On top of the melted moz., you put a dollop or two of cranberry salsa and then some chopped cilantro. For a nice side, coleslaw with a twist--oil and vinegar dressing with fresh tarragon.

Technically, a "burger" has to be made with chopped meat or fish. I've had some seriously good salmon and tuna burgers. chopped with interesting and tasty veggies mixed in. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom