Mystery Ingredient - Powdered Cream Cheese?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turkeyman

Cook
Has anyone here ever heard of powdered cream cheese? If it exists, surely someone on this board has heard of it. I was watching this video on YouTube and this lady made a simple "cheesecake" using graham crackers/butter for the crust and simply coconut milk and "powdered cream cheese" for the filling. It was then topped with cooked berries and let set in the refrigerator for a few hours. Here's the video:

YouTube - Cream Cheese cake dedicated to Nazia hassen

Like seriously, where can I get cream cheese powder haha. I googled and came up with nothing. I know this recipe is very simple, but I have got to try this lol. I'd probably throw some lemon juice in there for a bit of tang or something. Thanks a ton for the help.

The video person refers to cheese powder. No mention of cream cheese powder. A search of the internet yields a lot of cheddar powders and cheese sauce powders.

Frankly, I can't imagine using powdered cheese of any kind in place of the real thing other than for the novelty value.

Can't say that pie looked very appetizing.

Haha yeah, I know the recipe looks like an epic fail. It just might be. I have what I consider to be a really tasty no-bake cheesecake recipe but I guess I was looking for something I could do very fast and for cheaper. I love graham cracker crusts and berry toppings and coconut milk so I figured that recipe might come out alright with a few tweaks of my own. I guess I should stick to the real thing, though =P

To potentially redeem myself, here's my own no-bake cheesecake recipe:

-7 T butter, melted in microwave
-2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
-1/4 c white sugar
-3 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
-2 cans sweetened condensed milk
-juice of 3 small to medium sized lemons or 2 large lemons (you can add the juice of up to 4 lemons to add extra lemon flavor)

directions:
-mix together butter, graham cracker crumbs and white sugar until consistency matches that of wet sand
-pour into 9 x 13 baking dish and press the crust down all around with the bottom of a glass
-let crust set in freezer while you make the filling
-for filling, cut cream cheese into chunks and soften at room temperature or in the microwave for 2 x 25 seconds on high
-add sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice to the softened cream cheese and mix together with a hand mixer for about 2 minutes, until smooth
-pour filling over top of pie crust and let set in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours or overnight
-any pie filling goes very nicely over top this cake after it has set up

Powdered cream cheese rocks!

I used powdered cream cheese this weekend in my frosting for a groom's cake and it turned out AWESOME! The guests said it was the best cake they had ever eaten. I even tried a very small amount DRY and it has the same mouth feel as cream cheese. I would recommend it highly to use dry when you need a cream cheese flavor without the added moisture.

I used powdered cream cheese this weekend in my frosting for a groom's cake and it turned out AWESOME! The guests said it was the best cake they had ever eaten. I even tried a very small amount DRY and it has the same mouth feel as cream cheese. I would recommend it highly to use dry when you need a cream cheese flavor without the added moisture.
Okay--when I saw the subject line, my response was "EWWW!" However, I have powdered milk, powdered soy milk, powdered buttermilk all of which I use for baking. I've never seen powdered cream cheese. Where does one get it?

Yeah, where? Sounds like something I'd like to keep on hand for flavoring sauces. I'm sure I've never seen it or I probably would have grabbed some.

I get my powdered soy and buttermilk at the Bulk Barn here in Canada (I get my pwdr milk in the States--so much cheaper), but I have never seen powdered cream cheese at the Bulk Barn (or at Price Chopper in NY for that matter). I have seen the yucky yellow fake cheese for mac and cheese at BB, but never powdered cream cheese. Is this a secret ingredient only available to professional chefs through restaurant supply houses?

I ordered mine online from Firehouse Pantry......I think that was the name. I Googled powdered cream cheese and that's what I got.

Here is my frosting recipe:

1/2 c. butter, room temp
1 (8oz.) cream cheese, room temp
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. sifted confectioner's sugar
1 c. powdered cream cheese (I sifted it as well)
2 TBL meringue powder

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom