Need Help for buying cheap curtain/curtain cloth !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They do still make roller shades Keltin, and I have them on almost every window. I actually make my own by purchasing them and I remove the vinyl shade. Then I cut fabric the exact size and length I need, iron on a heavy stabilizer, fold and sew a pocket at the bottom for the pull, and then attach the shade to the roller mechanism with duct tape. I think they are wonderful as another layer of insulation and for their room darkening properties.

So, they still make those roller shades? I used to love those things! I’m going to have to find some for my game room now. Too cool! :)

There are two kinds of sheets. Flat sheets and fitted sheets. Fitted sheets have the elastic sewn into them and are what you stretch over you mattress. Fitted sheets are the “bottom” sheet. Flat Sheets (or "regular sheets”) are the “top sheet” that goes on next after you have put on the fitted sheet. As the name implies, it is just a flat piece of fabric with no elastic in it.

Now i clearly understood what flat sheets are ! Thanks for the explanation, your time and help, Keltin and everybody :)

Shower curtains is a good idea indeed !:cool:
But !, will they not look bad in a bedroom?! That 'vinyl' or plastic'y' feeling of the curtains and the cloth feeling of the drapes or the curtains is totally different ! :huh:
Actually there too much os sunlight coming into my room, especially at the afternoon time till 6:00pm ! I just cannot sit in my room for that reason. I have curtains tat r thin and transparent, so was thinking of changing them Any more ideas guys?!? :ermm:

I was referring to the cloth shower curtains, the ones that go on the outside of the shower, covering the vinyl one.

Last edited:
Quick, easy, cheap solution if morning light is waking you up. Tape aluminum foil over your windows. We did it even though we had heavy silk curtains that our landlady had installed. But we were getting morning rays at 3-4am here in Kazakhstan and even the heavily lined silk curtains weren't much protection. Then you will have more time to decide what you want to do. May not be pretty to look at but it wil buy you some time. Good luck as you've had some great advice given to you.

Back
Top Bottom