Need help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wishfullthinking

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone.
So growing up my mom use to make this dish using cornbread with corn beef hash and cheese stuffed inside it. Well i would like to make it but i am clueless on how to bake it. any ideas??

nicki

I have made this about twice. I am not a big fan of the boxed cornbread mix, but when I have used it, (very seldom) I add a couple of teaspoons of sugar and one of flour. I prefer my cornbread northern style. It takes the grittiness out of the mixture and adds a slight bit of sweetness. My kids are all middle age now, but I do remember making it for them when they were kids. Haven't thought of this dish in eons. I do remember it being a BIG hit with my husband on a Sunday morning. What man doesn't like hash? For him, I served a poached egg on top of his serving. :angel:

I have made this about twice. I am not a big fan of the boxed cornbread mix, but when I have used it, (very seldom) I add a couple of teaspoons of sugar and one of flour. I prefer my cornbread northern style. It takes the grittiness out of the mixture and adds a slight bit of sweetness. My kids are all middle age now, but I do remember making it for them when they were kids. Haven't thought of this dish in eons. I do remember it being a BIG hit with my husband on a Sunday morning. What man doesn't like hash? For him, I served a poached egg on top of his serving. :angel:

yeah i can remember loving it. I never really thought about it until here recently. Both grandma and my mom were great cooks. my could was a single mom and could make something out of nothing when she was home and not working. I too love to cook. im no gourmet chef by any means, but everyone loves my cooking. Im always trying new things.

Back
Top Bottom