Need ideas for pulled chick and Swiss cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We recently had a wedding and have a leftover of very good smoked pulled chicken and hamburger buns.

I am envisioning having something similar to a grilled cheese mixed in with the pulled pork

What I want to do have melted swiss cheese (a layer) then pulled pork on top of it in a burger bun, buttery grilled inner surface.

What I am having puzzled with is a way to get the melted swiss cheese, similar to a grilled cheese, but I don't think you can do it the same with hamburger buns, any ideas?

Do you have a Panini press?

No Panini press? How about smushing the bun and then stacking it. You could always grate the cheese and put the chicken on top of that, more grated cheese, some cooked BACON, a bit of cranberry salsa...

Heat the serving of chicken in a pan (with or without BBQ sauce), top the meat with cheese and cover the pan. The heat in the covered pan will melt the cheese then you can place it on the bun.

Do you have a Panini press?

No Panini press? How about smushing the bun and then stacking it. You could always grate the cheese and put the chicken on top of that, more grated cheese, some cooked BACON, a bit of cranberry salsa...

If not one of them, what about a waffle maker with reversible plates? :angel:

A couple of cast iron frying pans will do the job.

images.jpeg

The Frugal Mennonite: Frugal Panini Press

I do a pulled pork grilled cheese at work. We heat the pulled pork a bit first. You could put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then, spread on your filling and add the cheese. This gets the insides nice and warm before you start to grill your sandwich....

Last edited:
There is a sandwich that is wrapped in foil and heated in the oven. I thought it was hot hoagies, but I couldn't find any right now or what occasion they are good for. Kids party, hiking, or just plain make ahead and heat and eat the next day.... After the wedding is a good occasion as any. Anyway, I would heat the pulled meat, add the cheese and wrap and bake for awhile until cheese melts. Should be good.

There is a sandwich that is wrapped in foil and heated in the oven. I thought it was hot hoagies, but I couldn't find any right now or what occasion they are good for. Kids party, hiking, or just plain make ahead and heat and eat the next day.... After the wedding is a good occasion as any. Anyway, I would heat the pulled meat, add the cheese and wrap and bake for awhile until cheese melts. Should be good.

Those baked ham and cheese sandwiches work great from the freezer to the oven. I think I would try freezing a couple of the pulled chicken sandwiches with a slice of cheese top and bottom to prevent the bun from getting soggy.

Back
Top Bottom