Need some advice right now please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicacarr

Senior Cook
So I am in the kitchen and sautee some chopped onions and garlic, then put some chicken broth and tomato paste in it. I left the kitchen for too long and let it all reduce down to paste.

It is sitting in the kitchen and I need to do something with it now...ANY ADVICE? Thanks alot.

What were you trying to make? Can you add more chicken stock and thin it out again?

I am moving this to General Cooking Questions.

Without knowing exactly what your end product is supposed to be, we're shooting in the dark.

If it is supposed to be some sort of sauce, I agree with GB. Just add more chicken broth until you get it to the consistency you want.

i didnt know what i was gonna make, probably a soup or something, but...whatever sounds good from what i have left.

It will probably turn out to be the best sauce you ever made. One Thanksgiving, I boiled the giblits down to nothing, but I added broth, and it made wonderful gravy!

I'd cook up some pasta to go with the sauce, if I were you. You could add any kind of meat, mushrooms, olives, whatever...chicken broth goes with anything.

Back
Top Bottom