Never Have I Ever...Made This.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never Have I Ever ... Made This

IMG_0294.jpg

Chocolate Pudding, from scratch :ohmy:

I have had this recipe for 6 inch Chocolate Cream Pie
that I've been wanting to try ... mostly because it calls
for a Graham Cracker Crust, and I'd like to try and
finish up this box of Crumbs that I have before they expire!

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

Well, I got the three pies that I wanted to make,
but then I also got three parfait glasses full too!
... and again, I'm not fan of Chocolate ...
:LOL:

Those of you talking about geoduck, get some and make it! It's really good. There's a You Tube video on how to clean it and prepare it by one of the Top Chef contestants. Google "hung geoduck".

Cassoulet can be broken down by doing the parts over several days, then it's not so intimidating.

I've used squid bodies to make sushi. Used 1 body and tentacles to mix with the rice, then stuffed, let them sit for a bit in refrigerator, then thinly sliced.

I made mini turduckens by using chicken, duck and turkey thighs. They were good, but not enough for the trouble to make.

Last edited:
Chocolate Pudding, from scratch :ohmy:

I have had this recipe for 6 inch Chocolate Cream Pie
that I've been wanting to try ... mostly because it calls
for a Graham Cracker Crust, and I'd like to try and
finish up this box of Crumbs that I have before they expire!

Well, I got the three pies that I wanted to make,
but then I also got three parfait glasses full too!
... and again, I'm not fan of Chocolate ...
:LOL:
Not certain what filling recipe you use. I like to make just enough for 1 7" pie. I have used this recipe for a long time now. I use regular pie crust. I make this, at least, twice a month. :yum:

https://www.dessertfortwo.com/chocolate-cream-pie-2/

Ross

Not certain what filling recipe you use. I like to make just enough for 1 7" pie. I have used this recipe for a long time now. I use regular pie crust. I make this, at least, twice a month. :yum:

https://www.dessertfortwo.com/chocolate-cream-pie-2/

Ross

That's the exact recipe that I used!
I won't be making her recipe for the whipped cream topping, I'll be making the Wilton recipe for stabilized cream a little later this afternoon. I stashed the three pies and pudding cups in the `fridge over night, although, DH did half of a Pudding Parfait with Redi-Wip on top with some chopped Almonds, he said it was much better once chilled and topped... he ate a big ole spoonful of still warm and loose pudding and made a horrible face :ermm:
We're good now!

My chocolate pudding recipe is similar, but I adapted it to use the microwave. It doesn't heat the house as much when it's hot and the cleanup is easier. When making pudding with milk on the stove top, I always find a thick coating of milk inside the pot, that needs to be soaked and scrubbed off. No coating like that in the microwave.

My chocolate pudding recipe is similar, but I adapted it to use the microwave. It doesn't heat the house as much when it's hot and the cleanup is easier. When making pudding with milk on the stove top, I always find a thick coating of milk inside the pot, that needs to be soaked and scrubbed off. No coating like that in the microwave.

my late MIL used to rinse the pot with water before adding milk to heat - it seemed to work for her but not me! :LOL:

How did you adapt it, Taxy? Chocolate pie is on of my favorites!

I'll have to look at that cookbook for the exact instructions that I wrote down. Remind me if I don't write it up and post it soon (like a day or two). I really do need a digital version of that recipe.

This is my go to recipe for chocolate pudding. It would wok great in a pie, with whipped cream piped on top. Or It's also great as a topper for cheesecake, or swirled with seedless raspberry jam on top of a yellow cake. It can also be used in place of pastry cream in a Boston Cream Pie.
https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-chocolate-pudding-from-scratch-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-195012

This puding is just thick enough, and is very rich. You can, of course use milk chocolate in place of the better-sweet if you desire, or add in a bit of cinnamon, or even coffee if you so desire. Sprinkle minced hazelnuts on top for a treat.

Seeeeya; Chief longwind of the North

Last edited:
How did you adapt it, Taxy? Chocolate pie is on of my favorites!

I'll have to look at that cookbook for the exact instructions that I wrote down. Remind me if I don't write it up and post it soon (like a day or two). I really do need a digital version of that recipe.

I finally got around to it and found that I actually did type it up at one point, in open document format. So, I "created" the recipe on Copy Me That. Now, I will be able to read the recipe on my tablet.

Here's the link: Taxlady's Microwave Chocolate Pudding

Thank you! I was looking at your hosting website "CopyMeThat." What a great idea!

It is. I think it was Ross who mentioned it. It's so handy to have all those recipes available on my tablet. I don't have to worry about printing out the recipe, before I start cooking. And it's free, but I use it so much, I might just get a subscription.

It is. I think it was Ross who mentioned it. It's so handy to have all those recipes available on my tablet. I don't have to worry about printing out the recipe, before I start cooking. And it's free, but I use it so much, I might just get a subscription.

I'd like to take credit for suggesting it, but not me. I'd seen it somewhere in DC but didn't pay a lot of attention.

Seeing your post makes me want to learn more about it. :)

Ross

I think I mentioned it in a thread about saving recipes.

I love it. And you can download all your recipes to your computer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom