New Recipes I'd Like To Try

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good, pac. I love 'kabobs. I have the same system as you - print them out, put them in a folder, and promise myself I'm going to organize them 'soon'. sigh.... :LOL:

I put them in virtual folders on my laptop so I don't have to print it out.

I do too, but...but...but...:LOL: how do you follow a recipe while you're actually making it? I'm old fashioned enough to like to have the paper copy in front of me and write on it when I need to. Or let it get splattered on. lol :)

When I'm ready to make the recipe, that's when I print it. I make notes on the printed copy as I cook. If it turns out to be a keeper, I reformat it into my standard recipe format and print it out for the recipe book.

Oh, I print them out to cook from. I just have to remember what recipe it was and where I hid it on the computer.

I do too, but...but...but...:LOL: how do you follow a recipe while you're actually making it? I'm old fashioned enough to like to have the paper copy in front of me and write on it when I need to. Or let it get splattered on. lol :)

I like the paper copy, too.
Seems like when I try using my tablet or laptop it times out on me before I get the dish completed. Plus I have no room for either on my counter, so I am walking back and forth from prep area to kitchen table. The printed recipe I can hang up at eye level.

This isn't so much a recipe as just discovering something new. If you haven't yet discovered veggie noodles, I highly recommend. I was standing in the checkout line at BB&B and the little veghetti spiralizer lured me in. That night I made zucchini noodles (or "zoodles") and had them with my home made Italian sauce and turkey meatballs. Next, it'll be lemon zoodles (fresh herbs, lemon, fresh garlic, white wine & a sprinkle of parm. with grilled shrimp and cherry tomatoes. There are only 3 small meatballs in that pic... I cut them in half.

Last edited:
...and I use Arial 12 pt. so I can read it without my glasses. I'll have to go to 14 pt. soon or get stronger glasses.

I have this handy dandy little item I got at Key Bank when I worked there. They used to give them out as a favor to customers. It has a spring in it and a slot to hold a piece of paper. A child could hold it in the palm of their hand. It fits on the counter very nicely. I have never seen any thing like it since. ATK had something similar to it, only it had a ball that held the paper against the magnetic back. I treasure this little gizmo and those that know me know to never ask if they can use it. Not without supervision from me. :angel:

This isn't so much a recipe as just discovering something new. If you haven't yet discovered veggie noodles, I highly recommend. I was standing in the checkout line at BB&B and the little veghetti spiralizer lured me in. That night I made zucchini noodles (or "zoodles") and had them with my home made Italian sauce and turkey meatballs. Next, it'll be lemon zoodles (fresh herbs, lemon, fresh garlic, white wine & a sprinkle of parm. with grilled shrimp and cherry tomatoes. There are only 3 small meatballs in that pic... I cut them in half.
What a good idea for those who are trying to lose weight or have to watch their carbohydrate intake. I think I might have a word with Mr Amazon to see if there's something similar on there.

Hi and welcome to DC, by the way

EDIT: Hmm, Amazon UK has spiral cutters but at nearly £30 - roughly speaking that's $45 (gulp!) - I think I could probably do without one.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of increasing font size ;)

I find I'm wearing my reading glasses more of the time now. Mabye I can go back to 11 pt. for recipes and just stick with wearing glasses all the time I cook. I have trouble fitting a recipe on one page sometimes and reducing type size will help.

I find I'm wearing my reading glasses more of the time now. Mabye I can go back to 11 pt. for recipes and just stick with wearing glasses all the time I cook. I have trouble fitting a recipe on one page sometimes and reducing type size will help.
It comes to us all in the end, Andy. Like you I live in my reading glasses these days unless I'm driving.

I fought against distance glasses for a year or so despite the optician telling me I needed them. It wasn't until I started wearing them for driving that I realised how badly I needed them! Oops!

I have two pairs of prescription reading glasses for serious reading and 6 pairs of those non-prescription "reading" glasses in places like the kitchen, my handbag, etc., for when I might just need to read odd sentences. So why is it that in a smallish 2 bedroom/2 "reception" rooms/hall/kitchen and bathroom bungalow I can never find a pair of reading glasses when I want them?

MC, I have cheap reading glasses scattered about in several strengths. Weaker glasses for using the computer and reading recipes. Stronger ones for actually reading a book or tiny print labels and instructions.

When it became necessary for me to need reading glasses, I gave in and got them. For a long time they just sat in the drawer. I did just as well by taking my infinity glasses off and just using my eyes without any help. Then when I developed the cataracts, the surgery left me with very weak infinity lens (by request) and reading lens. I could no longer takes off my infinity glasses and see what I was sewing or reading. I needed those reading glasses. But as time has gone by, I am slowly getting back to not needing them all the time for close work. I have two pair of reading glasses. One for the computer and one for reading the very fine print at the bottom of a can. The next time I get new reading glasses, I will just get the ones for reading the very fine print. I was doing some needlework a couple of days ago. Without even thinking, I took off my infinity lens and just started sewing without even thinking about getting my reading glasses. And I have noticed that I can read some stuff without going for the reading glasses. :angel:

Can we get anymore off topic than we have here? This is an untried recipe collection thread.

I'm all for "cute" veggies Janet. That's quite a gadget, and I LOVE your china! Welcome to DC by the way.
Thanks for the welcome Kayelle. I'm embarrassed to say I'm not a huge veggie eater. Much, much better now, but still limited. So this is a big deal for me. I'll definitely have that dish again. I love pasta, but love it too much. When I can get portion size under control it's whole wheat or quinoa pasta most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom