New to This! RECIPES PLEASE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sk8boarder1414

Assistant Cook
Hey I just got into cooking because I found it incredibly fun. I'm 15 and I'm extremely new to this so if you guys could help me with any great desert recipes or techniques you use when cooking something that would help me GREATLY! Thanks

Cook, Dave!

Welcome to DC Dave!!!Checkout the search button or just go to the desserts thread. There are tons of stuff in there. Have fun!!

9.gif

Hi Dave,
there are a million good recipes on this site. Look around and enjoy yourself.

What's your favorite kind of food to cook??

Welcome aboard Dave.

Everyone on this site is here to learn and share what they know. And I have always found them very kind and helpful.

And please never be afraid to ask a question.

Once again welcome aboard and hope to hear from you soon.

Awesome nice to meet you guys too! I'm now trying to bake my first thing but I have to find a good recipe for a cheescake preferabbly strawberry ( I dont liek the chocolate ones) lol.

Here are a few of my favorite recipes that I have posted in the past. I will repost some of them since I can't find them in the search.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7807&highlight=custard

Chess Cake:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, softened
2 eggs
1/2 t. vanilla
1 8oz. package cream cheese
1 box powdered sugar (save 3 T.)
2 eggs

Mix cake mix, butter, 2 eggs, and vanilla. Spread in bottom of 9x13 inch pan.

Beat sugar, cream cheese, and eggs. Pour on top of cake batter. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Do not over bake. Top will be a little giggly when first taken out of oven. Sprinkle remaining powdered sugar on top of cake.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7805&highlight=Angel+Food+Cake

Heath Pie

1 graham cracker pie crust, 9 inch
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
6 heath toffee candy bars
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
dash salt
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup

Spoon 1/2 of softened ice cream into pie shell. Sprinkle 4 crushed heath bars on top. Cover with remaining ice cream. Freeze

Make sauce: Combine sugar, milk, butter salt. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and continue boiling for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 crushed heath bars. Cool slightly.

Spoon sauce over individual pie slices. Refrigerate remaining sauce. Can be reheated in microwave.

Caramel Nut Brownies

1 14oz. package caramels
1 51/3 oz. can evaporated milk
1 cup pecans, chopped
3/4 cup margarine, melted
1 box german chocolate cake mix
1 12oz. package chocolate chips

Melt caramels in 1/3 cup evaporated milk in microwave or double broiler

Mix by hand, remaining evaporated milk, pecans, margarine and cake mix. Mixture will ber very thick.

Pat half of mixture into a 9x13 inch baking pan

Bake at 350 for 6 minutes. Remove from oven

Pour chocolate chips over

Then spread on caramel mixture

Crumble remining cake mixture on top of caramel mixture

Bake 18-20 minutes

Let set and cook before cutting.

Centenary Fresh Strawberry Pie
Coutesy of Centenary Restaurant in Shreveport, LA

3/4 cup sugar
1 cup plus 2 T. water
3 T. cornstarch
pinch salt
1 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. red food coloring
1 1/2 pints strawberries, sliced
1 pie crust, baked

Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Mix into paste with the 2 T. water. Place the remaining 1 cup water over fire and let come to a boil. Stir in the sugar mixture and cook until thick and clear. Remove from fire; add lemon and coloring.

When cool but not set, fold in strawberries. Spoon into baked crust or crumb crust. Serve with whipping cream.

Hey Dave! Welcome to our family! We're getting quite a brood of young kids here - how cool is that?!
As you can see, we are a very helpful bunch. If there's anything you want to learn to prepare, just go to that forum and ask away. So, who inspired you to start cooking? Was it a relative or TV chef? or, just a really great meal?

Anyhow, we're really glad you're here!

Here's a quick and easy

Strawberry Yum

16 oz strawberries - frozen or fresh; cut up
1 tub Dreamwhip
1 small package strawberry Jello
2 Tb lemon juice
1 Angelfood Cake cut in cubes or torn into bite size pieces.

Thaw the strawberries if frozen - if they weren't frozen w/sugar add some sugar and allow to drain reserve liquid. If fresh, sprinkle w/ sugar and allow to sit about 20 minutes then drain reserving the liquid.

To the Jello add 1 C hot water to desolve. Combine reserved strawberry liquid + lemon juice + water to make 1 cup, add to the Jello. Chill until nearly set but still stirrable.

Mix the Angelfood cake, strawberries, Jello and DreamWhip - do not overmix.

Serve!

sk8boarder1414 said:
Awesome nice to meet you guys too! I'm now trying to bake my first thing but I have to find a good recipe for a cheescake preferabbly strawberry ( I dont liek the chocolate ones) lol.

Welcome, here are some mini cheesecake recipes which are fun to make and very portable for taking to a potluck or party.

SC :)

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10326

Yo! Welcome to the board/party/smilefest!

Ya know whats cool? The fact that you two are 15 and are into cooking/baking. If ya stick with it, you can be an Executive Chef by the time you're 30!!!! :chef:

God, I wish I started when I was 15.... :(

WELCOME!!!!
RJ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom