Oooops!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
There is going to be a bake sale this weekend on the condo property to raise money for the One Fund for those individuals injured by Boston Marathon bombing.

SO and I decided to contribute some baked goods for the sale. We had some old and tired bananas so she decided to make banana bread for her contribution. Typically she pre-measures the dry ingredients the day before then mixes and bakes early the next morning before I get up and before she goes to work.

This morning when I got up, I smelled something not typical of her banana bread. She met me at the bottom of the stairs to tell me there would be no banana bread for the bake sale.

I suspect she goofed in measuring the baking soda. Oh well, I've done worse. The oven needed cleaning anyways.

Attachments

• DSC03773.jpg
    DSC03773.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 204
There is going to be a bake sale this weekend on the condo property to raise money for the One Fund for those individuals injured by Boston Marathon bombing.

SO and I decided to contribute some baked goods for the sale. We had some old and tired bananas so she decided to make banana bread for her contribution. Typically she pre-measures the dry ingredients the day before then mixes and bakes early the next morning before I get up and before she goes to work.

This morning when I got up, I smelled something not typical of her banana bread. She met me at the bottom of the stairs to tell me there would be no banana bread for the bake sale.

I suspect she goofed in measuring the baking soda. Oh well, I've done worse. The oven needed cleaning anyways.

At least you had good intentions and your heart was in the right place. :angel: and one for you and SO. :angel:

I'm going to make a lemon cake and apple squares. to contribute. That's on tap for after the oven is cleaned. One of the amputees is from our town.

Wow, what happened there?
It looks like it bubbled over.

Was there any saving it for your own use?

She must have mixed up T for t.
I recall doing that for bread one time, using a tablespoon measure instead of a teaspoon and man was that some salty bread.

My first thought was, "How did she bake banana bread without the pan, and get it in that perfect loaf shape?". Then it came to me, there IS a pan under all that batter!

I've made worse messes.

My first thought was, "How did she bake banana bread without the pan, and get it in that perfect loaf shape?". Then it came to me, there IS a pan under all that batter!

I've made worse messes.

She is a very good baker. She has the patience to take the time for fussy work where I don't. This was just a rare mistake. She suggested posting it with a title like banana goop or droop or similar.

She is a very good baker. She has the patience to take the time for fussy work where I don't. This was just a rare mistake. She suggested posting it with a title like banana goop or droop or similar.

A good baker, and a good sport!

"There was no saving it."

Sure there is.

Remember our feathered friends.

I'm sure some of them were victims of the tragedy.

"There was no saving it."

Sure there is.

Remember our feathered friends.

I'm sure some of them were victims of the tragedy.

Feathered friends?
You mean my friends who keep pooping all over my deck railing when it's raining?
:LOL:

Oh no !!

Well at least she had very good intentions. Stuff happens .. and I guess when it does that is what keeps us humble.

"Stuff happens "

That's such a nice way to put it. ;)

"You mean my friends who keep pooping all over my deck railing when it's raining?"

That's why we call them friends. :)
They leave us a little present when they visit. :rolleyes:
And they are being nice enough to do it in the rain so at least some of it is washed away. :ermm:

Well, it is a good thing the pizza stone lives in the bottom of the oven. I'm sure that was a little easier to clean up than it would have been without it. Makes me want some banana bread anyway.

Well, it is a good thing the pizza stone lives in the bottom of the oven. I'm sure that was a little easier to clean up than it would have been without it. Makes me want some banana bread anyway.

The self-cleaning oven feature makes it really easy to clean! All I have to do is make sure turn on the exhaust fan and relax.

I've made worse messes.
I was thinking the exact same the thing. Including the part about making worse messes. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom