Open House Help Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samford

Assistant Cook
My family and I have recently moved to Italy with the military and I "need" to have a Open House for about 75 folks once we are settled. My challenge is this...I have one fridge and one TINY European oven to make do with. The oven will basically hold one 9x13 pan at a time. I would love suggestions on what I can prepare ahead of time (both sweet and savory) that will make alot and will not require refrigeration. I plan on buying a couple large meat and cheese trays and will supplement with those. I'm really at a loss about what sweets to make. I won't even be able to fit 2 round cake pans in this oven?! Any tips would be very appreciated!!!

sweets can be purchased at a bakery, and items to go with meats and cheeses such as breads, olives, etc can also be readily found. Save your oven for making toasts (bruschetta) and thinly sliced roasted veggies (zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, peppers) drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle lightly with herbs, roast until tender and plate them overlapping. Very pretty and tasty with everything else you will have have. Nuts and dried fruits such as dates figs appricots go well with meats and cheeses.

Back
Top Bottom