Partially cooking Beef Bourguignon and freezing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lleblanc637

Assistant Cook
I am cooking for my daughter 's wedding. I am making Beef Bourguignon. I want to go through all the steps but the final step of cooking for 3 hours before freezing for a week. I want to thaw and put it in crock pots before bed the night before the wedding. I would then take to the venue in the morning and transfer to chafing dishes. Do you think the flour gravy will thicken and cook properly?

I would think it would be fine if you thawed it and cooked it the last 3 hours.

Me personally, I love it after it is cooked completely then refrigerated or frozen. To me, it seems like the flavors meld together more. It's one of those dishes that are better the next day.

I hope whatever you decide to do, it turns out great. Good luck.

I am cooking for my daughter 's wedding. I am making Beef Bourguignon. I want to go through all the steps but the final step of cooking for 3 hours before freezing for a week. I want to thaw and put it in crock pots before bed the night before the wedding. I would then take to the venue in the morning and transfer to chafing dishes. Do you think the flour gravy will thicken and cook properly?

What do you mean by this? I sometimes cook things and freeze them, leaving the final touches until I reheat them. Tuesday I finished some frozen conch chowder by adding the potatoes, but it was already cooked through.

I just want to save time the day before the wedding. I have a lot of other things to do that day. So I just wanted to finish the cooking the night before the wedding. I just want to know if it will cook correctly.

Why not cook it through and freeze it and gently reheat in your crockpot?

It will taste better and you wont have any concerns about it being cooked properly on the day of the event.

Much less of a headache IMO

Why not cook it through and freeze it and gently reheat in your crockpot?

It will taste better and you wont have any concerns about it being cooked properly on the day of the event.

Much less of a headache IMO

+1 My thoughts exactly

Back
Top Bottom