Patties ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
Let me know what you think -- have leftover bread dressing and mashed potatoes in fridge. Could I mix the two w/egg, make patties dredge in flour and saute in a little oil/butter. Think they would be any good ?

We make aloo tikkis which are very good.

You can use your mashed potatoes and add to it some finely chopped green onions, freshly chopped cilantro, finely minced jalapeno (you can get rid of the seeds if you don't like spicy food), 1 tsp of freshly roasted and ground cumin powder, freshly cracked black pepper (a few shakes), salt to taste and handful of bread crumbs. Mix it all together and form into small patties.

Beat a couple of eggs until it's smooth and not stringy. Add some salt and pinch of cayanne to the egg and whisk a bit more with a fork. Next dip each patty in some egg and fry.

Serve with ketchup or any sauce of your choice. We serve this with a mint, cilantro chutney - All you do is take a bunch of cilantro, some fresh mint, a few cloves of garlic, 1 jalapeno, juice of a lime and blend it all together until smooth. Adjust salt and the dip is ready.

I think they sound great Barb.

Hmm, I would like them topped with some turkey and gravy poured over it but they'd work with any meat, I think.

Thanks all, thats all I needed was a little push, yes the gravy sounds great, and Yakuta , your recipe is a must try ! Thank you ! I just hate throwing this much out, love em' both !

Half Baked said:
I think they sound great Barb.

Hmm, I would like them topped with some turkey and gravy poured over it but they'd work with any meat, I think.
Hmmm? now you got me thinkin', maybe I'll wait till tomorrow and fix some chicken , biscuit - make gravy and pour over all !!! Weeee !

Last edited:
Barb, it will work and will taste great!! I do that if I have enough leftover. Also both in a type of casserole together with any leftover chopped veggies and/or meat, a can of cream soup and either some broth or gravy is also very good.

I have made patties out of mashed potato - add egg and a little flour to bind, then saute, so what you want to do would probably work.

Back
Top Bottom