Peppers, Okra, onions,tomatos and meat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
I am looking for an ideas...
I like okra and onions and tomatos. I was introduced to this combination when I had a jaimacan girlfriend 20 years ago. The dish was ackee and saltfish and it had codfish in it. I need to learn how to soak the saltfish so it comes out with just the right amount of salty sea flavor... but thats another question that someone can address as well.
Let me also say that I dont like ackee.
But I am trying to create something that combines the tomato,onion,okra and I want to put pepper slices in it and then I want to add either bacon or lamb or beef. Or bacon and lamb or bacon and beef. And I am not really a beef/steak eater.
Spice recommendations would also be appreciated

Saute the meats of your choice in some oil. I'd go with cubes of lamb. Add onions and garlic. Add canned tomato and okra. Season with s&p and some cumin. Cover and simmer until the done. Serve over rice.

I like your idea.... what cut of lamb would you get at the store, to cube up. I generally only see 2 cuts of lamb in the store, i think one is a flank and the other is a chop. Or does it make a difference which one?

I like your idea.... what cut of lamb would you get at the store, to cube up. I generally only see 2 cuts of lamb in the store, i think one is a flank and the other is a chop. Or does it make a difference which one?

This is a dish for inexpensive cuts. You could use lamb shoulder chops or pieces of leg. No need to spring for big bucks. You could also use beef here.

Back
Top Bottom