Pizza Dough Keeps Retracting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not that I wasn't trained in what to do. It's that the boss is cheap and there is no air conditioning, and the door is literally open year round. We can't get the dough to behave ideally. Particularly the sheet size. But speaking of the bosses they are idiots. One of them didn't know pickles are actually cucumbers until fairly recently.

Believe it or not, lots of people don't know that :LOL:

I mean, I don't think anyone bites into a pickle and thinks wow, that's the best tasting cucumber I've ever eaten.

And yikes, I feel for you, having to work in those conditions. I'd pass out within 5 minutes. In this heat (90-degree temps, up to 100 degrees heat index) just walking the trash out to the big bin is enough to kill me. I don't tolerate heat well. I get bad headaches, I start feeling nauseous, etc. Many years ago (when I too worked in restaurant kitchens) I could handle it. But not anymore.

It's not that I wasn't trained in what to do. It's that the boss is cheap and there is no air conditioning, and the door is literally open year round. We can't get the dough to behave ideally. Particularly the sheet size. But speaking of the bosses they are idiots. One of them didn't know pickles are actually cucumbers until fairly recently.

Ouch, what a sad story. Any chances you would leave that horrible place and look for a new job with better conditions?
The dough is a base ingredient making any pizza. That fact that your boss isn't aware of that makes me feel sorry that such pizzerias exist. :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom