Play Dough Recipe TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I thought I'd post this recipe for the many of you who are in need of activities to entertain little ones. I tried this with Sofie yesterday since it was raining and we wer stuck inside all day. She had a blast! This isn't to eat :LOL: , but if someone did take a bite of it, it wouldn't be a big deal! It smells great but tastes very salty. My mom's used this recipe for over 20 years of teaching.

1 1/4 c flour
1/4 c salt
1 packet of unsweetened Kool-Aid, any flavor, depending on the color you choose to make
2 Tbsp oil
1 c boiling water

Mix all of the above ingredients together until cool. You may have to gradually add a little bit of flour to reduce stickiness. Once it is cool enough, knead it with your hands. Store ina tight container or Zip-loc bag.

Great recipe, PA. Looks much better than the one I used with my children back in the '70s.

I'm going to copy and paste it and send it to our two daughters-in-law who have little ones at home. They are stay-at-home moms and have their hands full, especially now with school not in session.

If you do a search on "Play Doh" recipes, you'll find lots to choose from.

One thing I have against the Kool-Aid recipes is that they smell/taste good enough for little folks to actually want to consume them - which they do. Which is why I stick to the cornstarch/food color recipes. They're still safe if someone tastes them, but not fruity enough to tempt in the first place.

I recall my mom & I making a full "diner" of dishes from the cornstarch "play doh". We had spaghetti & meatballs, meatloaf, peas, mashed potatoes - you name it. Colored & dried them & then had the most awsome times playing together with them. My mom was truly the greatest as far as playing with kids went. Besides the play-doh food, she made puppets, puppet theatres, wrote stories, etc., etc. Talk about a blast from the past.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom