Please help me locate two recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasdragonfly

Assistant Cook
Hello !
I am brand new here and I am looking for two recipes. My house burned down awhile ago and I have not been able to replace many of my favorites. Can anyone help. The first recipe was in a book called Morning Fires and Evening Lights. It was for corn fritters, using fresh corn off the cob. My family really loved this one. The second recipe is much older. It is a chicken pate using a store bought deli chicken. No livers or gizzards were in the pate. I had found this in a small cook book that was at the check out line years ago and made it all the time. I would really appreciate everyones help. Thank you in advance. I look forward to being there if you every need a question answered.:angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Corn Fritters: I use one similar to Paula Deen's Corn Fritter recipe (replace the self-rising cornmeal with regular cornmeal and add 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder) but I use fresh or frozen corn instead of canned. Of course, I don't know what your fritter recipe had in it - here are more that you can look over to see if any of them sound familiar. In a pinch you can also mix up a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix and add corn to the batter - works out about the same.

Chicken Pate: Do you remember anything about what you put in it? Fairly standard recipe for a liver-less chicken pate would be to run some cooked diced chicken in the food processor with some sort of soft cheese, mayo, seasonings ... here are a couple: Chicken Pate Recipe 1 Chicken Pate Recipe 2 - Google Chicken Pate Recipes will have more that include livers but you might be able to weed through them and find more liver-less ideas.

Hope these ideas help you find exactly what you are looking for.

i,m sorry to hear about your house. i have the cookbook you mention, it came from marlboro miles.(back when they could run their promotions).i'm afraid i don't see the recipe you are looking for in it.i also have the otherbook that they gave away. i looked in it and didn't see anything in it either.i'm sorry i can't help you.

Back
Top Bottom