Popcorn Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sold popcorn for about 11 years. Coconut oil is where it's at, although this isn't the final solution. Two other keys to great popcorn have to be in place...whatever you are making it in needs to be hot hot hot. The hotter it is, the larger and less mealy the popped kernels will be (without burning of course). Also, KEEP SHAKING the pot/kettle or whatever, without removing it from the heat that is converting it into popcorn. I find that a wok works great for popcorn, and if you keep swirling it while keeping it on the heat, you'll have some great results.

I actually bought a "boraxic glass" popcorn popper. It is thin test tube like glass...and makes fabulous popcorn. The popcorn is large and "fluffy" and then you heat up your various toppings...tried different flavoured butters from cheese...to garlic and what ever the kids and I dream up. The only word of caution is it takes a few test runs to determine the ideal popping time based on the strength of your microwave. It is calorie free till the toppings go on...lol...Pst :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom