Problem Pot Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cuisine Purity

Assistant Cook
wtflippin chicken! Every single organic butter I use is so mouth curdling sweet. I made pot pie today but my lightly salted butter (made from real cream of course) tastes soo sweet and I do not understand why. It just isnot right for me. Does anyone know the difference? I really do not know what to do.

Maybe it is just fresh.

Let it ripen for a few weeks and it will develop some character.

It is hard to say how long to let it sit, just use some on toast every few days until you get the tang you are after. If that day never comes use it up and try another brand. Many European or European style butter makers use older cream on the verge of sour cream and that gives a much fuller flavor.

Oh they sell cultured butter. Maybe I should be buying that. Idk why I didn't think about my butter being too fresh. Thanks guys I was starting to think that was just a result of lack of processing or something with the cream being so untouched.:ROFLMAO:

wtflippin chicken! Every single organic butter I use is so mouth curdling sweet. I made pot pie today but my lightly salted butter (made from real cream of course) tastes soo sweet and I do not understand why. It just isnot right for me. Does anyone know the difference? I really do not know what to do.
What about seasoning the dish to taste with lemon juice? Or can you get lactic butter rather than "sweet cream" butter where you are? Lactic butter is butter made from whole milk that's been fermented with lactic acid. It's tangier than sweet cream butter. It's easy to obtain in Europe and the UK. Mostly it's Danish in origin and one of the most popular brands in UK is Lurpak. It comes salted and unsalted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom