Pulled Pork Durability Question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugsy27

Sous Chef
hey all,

i slow roasted a pork shoulder (6 hours @ 300) on sunday. i came out fantastic!!

i pulled it and put it into air tight tupperware and fridged it.

i have been pulling it out and using what i needed by microwaveing it with bbq sauce.

my question is how long will it stay good in the tupperware / fridge?

:) I would say about 3-4 days you could take it and freeze it in small portions that way you can take what you want heat and eat.That way it keeps long for sure.

Well, jpmcgrew's response is what is generally considered safe.

However, I eat off my pulled pork leftovers for about a week and a half, after which time, I'm tired of it.

Come to think of it, I pretty much keep all leftovers for up to a week and a half, if they still look and smell okay. :)

Lee

I try to keep 8 oz. portions of braised pork butt in the freezer all the time. I divy it up as soon as it cools enough to put in the ice box.

Last edited:
I would freeze it in portions. Four days might be enough in the fridge. Next time you do it, try 250* for 8 hours.

Do you have one of the FoodSaver Vacuum systems? The other day I cooked a top round cut that I'd vacuum packaged 3 years ago [it got lost in there :) ] and it wasn't freezer burned or anything. I buy large quantities of meat and vacuum package them...including the Boston Butt I cooked last week.

When I make pulled pork, I make a large amount. I have a Food Saver vacuum sealer (probably one of the best inventions yet) and I package up the leftovers in "2 portion bags" and freeze them. You can add a little more bbq sauce at this time or wait til you defrost the bag to do it. So as not to dry the meat out while re-heating, just drop the bag into a pot of boiling water for about 5 or 6 minutes. The meat is heated through and still very moist. I love this stuff. On a Kaiser roll, it makes a great quickie meal.

My FoodSaver just conked (konked) out and it is a high priority to get a new one. I can't believe how much money they save.

FoodSavers are absolutely the BEST. Look on Amazon for some good prices. I have had one with all the bells and whistles. have gone back to the one that just vacuums and seals. I have saved enough on cheese alone to pay for it over and over.

I was wondering if all the upgrades were necessary. Thanks for the review.:)

The one I had that had the canisters, etc. never worked particularly well. If you have a Tuesday Morning near you, they have had them recently.

Back
Top Bottom