pumpkin pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiggerbengal

Assistant Cook
my mil gave me a few slices of pumpkin pie to take home. I put it away in the pantry not thinking. I didnt know if she had refridgerated it or not before she gave some for dessert at lunch. And, she did. So, I dont know if I can eat the pieces she gave me now :cry: Can I? I called to ask her, and of course, she has no clue, and now I want to have a piece and dont know if i will get sick from it?

When did she give it to you? If it was today, just put it in the refrigerator and it should be fine. If it looks and smells ok, it should be fine. Since it most likely has eggs in it, you don't want to leave it out too long, but I can remember as a kid that ours stayed on the counter. It was always gone by about 2 days after Thanksgiving and we never had a problem.

:) Barbara

We took it home around 2:30 or so, and now its a little after 8:00, so 6 hours its been out. If not, I can just go buy me one tomorrow :LOL:

Pumpkin pies can be left out for hours at a time. Just look at your friendly neighborhood bakery. Their pumpkin and various other pies never see the inside of a refrigerator.

I am so deprived. The TG dinner today I fixed at my daughter's boyfriends mothers was great. I do not do desert stuff, savory cook. So no pumpkin pie. It was the hostesses grandsons 4th birrthday, so we had Baskin-Robbins ice cream cake - chocolate cake and chocolate chip icecream with gummy bears and worms on top, yuk on that. when I get home I am going to Marie Collanders or my local favorite for pumpkin pie.

Back
Top Bottom