Question about bell peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinklemonade

Assistant Cook
I am going to attempt an ajvar recipe next week for a party I am throwing. It calls for roasted red peppers in it, I was just wondering if there's a pepper I could use a suitable alternative to give it a milder taste. (I know some of my guests don't like spice)

I buy roasted bell peppers in the supermarket. They come in a jar in the canned vegetable isle. They are sweet and flavorful.

I have a table top toaster oven and rotisserieTop tip for roasting and skinning red peppers, thread as many as you can on the spit, place a tray underneath and leave, they will drop of the spit onto the tray when they are charred and cooked to perfection, they also peel better.

I am going to attempt an ajvar recipe next week for a party I am throwing. It calls for roasted red peppers in it, I was just wondering if there's a pepper I could use a suitable alternative to give it a milder taste. (I know some of my guests don't like spice)
Ajvar is a Serbian/Croatian relish we use it all the time, are you from the Balkans?

I think you've misunderstood what the recipe is calling for. Roasted red peppers are sweet and mild. You may be thinking that when they are saying "red pepper" that they are calling for a cayenne or hot red pepper. Just use jarred roasted red bell peppers and there will be no spice at all... just flavor. Good luck!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom