Question please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atheana

Assistant Cook
I make my own ice cream pops with hard chocolate outer shell (like a Magnum). What I'd like to do is add a hard chocolate centre (bit like a Feast or Good Humour candy centre crunch. Thing is I can't figure out how to add the hard chocolate to the centre :ermm: I've come up with all sorts of innovative ideas like adding a chunk of chocolate to the pop before it freezes but that not really practical..any ideas?

Could you make the chocolate "pop" first, chill. Then add the ice cream component, etc?

Yeah but how do you make a chunk of chocolate in the centre?
Are you using ice cream sticks? If so, dip the stick a little more than halfway along the length, then chill. Repeat, and chill. Do that until you have enough of a layer built up so you can tell there is chocolate in the middle. Don't make it too thick, though, since it will be hard. You don't want anyone breaking a tooth! :ermm: ~~ Good luck!

This sounds like a good idea

Merlot I think you hit on it. What I think I'm going to do is once I pour the ice cream into the ice pop molds I will then take a chunk of chocolate maybe from a candy bar or something and stick it in the mould once I have filled it with the ice cream. Maybe put a couple of long chunks of chocolate on either side of the stick. I will definitely keep you posted on this one pictures and all L0L

Are you using ice cream sticks? If so, dip the stick a little more than halfway along the length, then chill. Repeat, and chill. Do that until you have enough of a layer built up so you can tell there is chocolate in the middle. Don't make it too thick, though, since it will be hard. You don't want anyone breaking a tooth! :ermm: ~~ Good luck!

Another brilliant idea, thank you. I'm using ice lolly moulds which come with sticks have a look at this, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoku-Classic-Ice-Pop-Moulds/dp/B00CDL33Q2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1498815624&sr=8-2&keywords=Zoku+ice+lolly+moulds

Eureka!

Got it! Made the ice lollies tonight and whilst the molds were filled with melted vanilla ice cream, I put a slab of mint chocolate - dark mint chocolate (the only kind there is LOL) in the mold, closed it up and put it in the freezer and voila! job done! I even did two of them with dark chocolate KitKat fingers, that should be interesting LOL. So there you have it folks, your very own home-made ice cream pop with a yummy hard chocolate centre LOL :yum:

Got it! Made the ice lollies tonight and whilst the molds were filled with melted vanilla ice cream, I put a slab of mint chocolate - dark mint chocolate (the only kind there is LOL) in the mold, closed it up and put it in the freezer and voila! job done! I even did two of them with dark chocolate KitKat fingers, that should be interesting LOL. So there you have it folks, your very own home-made ice cream pop with a yummy hard chocolate centre LOL :yum:

Great, now I'm craving ice cream with dark mint chocolate! I started eating dark chocolate whenever my cholesterol tested high, now I prefer it! Mint chocolate was always my favorite, Andes chocolates, thin mint cookies, chic chip mint ice cream... now I must find some dark chocolate mint! Thanks, I may try it! :)

Back
Top Bottom