Quick suggestion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arbion

Assistant Cook
If you are thinking of having children or have them already, learn to turn the handles of pots and pans to the side when you are cooking. If you keep the handles toward you a child can grab them and pull them off the stove much more easily.

That's a good suggestion for anyone, arbion! I always try to turn the handles over the range, when cooking, as it's easy to catch them when walking by the range. It has become second nature with me, when cooking.

I too orient my pot handles inward. My only addition is; if your pot handles are long, and you are using multiple burners, make sure ta\hat handles aren't oriented over hot, adjacent burners. This will prevent you from accidently grabbing a hot handle and burning yourself.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I had the problem with adults. My kitchen at the old place had the stove at the end of a wall, the handles sticking out where people walk could have been a problem. Did they learn ? Nope.

My roomies, one guy and a couple, I simply could not get things though their head and she left my good knife in the dishwater too long and the handle rotted off, and my cutting board, I took it and hid it in my room, it only has one crack in it. She lost the blades to my meat grinder. Then when she left she stole my big stock pot.

For a time they maintained a friendship with some friends of mine, one day I was over there. One person said she said hi, I said "You said it". Then I said to kiss her forehead. (to umm certain "people" that is death knell, if they ever do kiss you on the forehead, get out of town) I didn't do anything and won't, I am not a vengeful person. But d***, my KNIFE AND BOARD !

T

If you are thinking of having children or have them already, learn to turn the handles of pots and pans to the side when you are cooking. If you keep the handles toward you a child can grab them and pull them off the stove much more easily.

Having children is hereditary. If your parents didn't have children, you probably won't either.

We could elaborate on this. For example; Don't put a shelf or microwave over a gas cooktop.

T

Long sleeves. Catch on fire too easily. Unpleasant, take my word for it, though it didn't happen to me in the kitchen, it was working on something outside.

T

The error being wearing long loose sleeves.

Doesn't have to be cooking. Using power tools, the list wold be a long one.

Back
Top Bottom