Recipe software

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bienallo

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone. I am not computer literate and find I'm making all kinds of mysterious errors. Have lost some receipes (old ones) that I entered. Do any of you know of a tried and true software programme for receipes only? Thank goodness I didn't throw away the hard copies! I would appreciate your input on the software. Thanks in advance, I hope.

I've used MasterCook. It's as good as any.

Currently, I just use MS Word to type in a recipe. I have folders set up in My Documents by category (Appetizers, Poultry, etc.) where I keep all these recipes.

If I see a recipe I like on the internet, I copy and paste it into MS Word right then so I don't have to worry about its being there later when I want it.

Thanks so much to all of you for answering my question. Hey Chocolate Chef, there's no point in laughing at me as my kids roll on the floor over my attempts to master the current universe - so I've become inured!

Incidentally, my father was a Master Chef in Montreal and I had my own catering business in Toronto for several years so I know what I'm doing in the kitchen, but don't turn me loose on a computer. I do wonder now how I did without one for all those years.

Thanks again all for your suggestions. One of my daughters is coming over on the weekend, so I'll show her this site and she can help me get organized and there's always the 'phone for the HELP calls!

Chocolate Chef - Honestly, I knew you weren't laughing at me and I really do appreciate your help. If I knew how to transfer a smiley icon on to this page, you'd be getting a huge smile from me! Who knows, with the help of my daughter, perhaps I can do that next week. Baby steps for me when it comes to electronics.

Back
Top Bottom