Recipes or recommendations please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_psychosis

Senior Cook
I need some recipes or a web site for low cost recipes for 2. Nothing to fancy, my 17 year old daughter isn't exactly picky but she doesn't care for fancy. She likes casseroles, rice and pasta dishes, and chicken. Thank you. :)

I need some recipes or a web site for low cost recipes for 2. Nothing to fancy, my 17 year old daughter isn't exactly picky but she doesn't care for fancy. She likes casseroles, rice and pasta dishes, and chicken. Thank you. :)

For a website how about right here at DC?

Lots of great stuff when you take the time to look.
Yes it can be time consuming but don't all good things in life take time?

"She likes casseroles, rice and pasta dishes, and chicken."

Try
Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains... - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Soups, Stews & Casseroles - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

I like to start at the last page and work my way forward. Lots of good things forgotten in these pages. ;)

" for low cost recipes for 2."

Try

Budget Friendly Dishes - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

That's where I begin and if they don't work for ya there is always Google. :)

you can always just post a thread stating "iso something inexpensive to make with" whatever you have on hand that day, or plan for the next.

that way you can ask your daughter what she wants for dinner, then we'll help you pull it off.

If you have some pre-cooked seasoned hamburger on hand, you can do all kinds of things. In the good old days, I could stretch a couple pounds of hamburger to make a week's worth of meals. The night you cook it, season with your favorite seasoning....onions, garlic, salt, pepper and package it up in baggies for the freezer, leave a portion in the pan to make spaghetti sauce for that night and a night later in the week. During the week toss a baggie into the micro wave to thaw then make tacos, or SOS, any of your favorites that require cooked, crumbled meat. The same thing would work for shredded pre-cooked chicken.

Thank you, these are all good ideas! Never thought of the precooked seasoned meat. That's brilliant! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom