Reusable Grocery Bags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

curiousk

Assistant Cook
I'm doing a research project about reusable grocery bags and people who most often use them. Do you mind answering a few questions?

1. How often do you go to the grocery store each week?
2. Do you bring your own bags?
3. Age/Marital Status/Ethnicity?
4. City/State?

Thank you for your help!

I'm doing a research project about reusable grocery bags and people who most often use them. Do you mind answering a few questions?

1. How often do you go to the grocery store each week? 1-2 times
2. Do you bring your own bags? yes
3. Age/Marital Status/Ethnicity? over 60, married
4. City/State? North of Boston, MA

Thank you for your help!

See inserted answers

1. How often do you go to the grocery store each week? 1-2 times a week
2. Do you bring your own bags? No - I use the provided plastic bags at home for trash bags, packing for mailing packages, etc. I do take my own bags to Aldi's as they do not provide bags.
3. Age/Marital Status/Ethnicity? 26/S/W
4. City/State? Plainfield, Indiana

i shop on line once a month at Von's. they deliver it to me in plastic bags. i too use them for trash can liners . i am 72, single, and white. near san diego calif. what is the survey for?

It's a project for my Anthro class, the paper isn't necessarily about reusable grocery bags but about the individual most likely to be found using them. Our hypothesis is that the majority of those who bring reusable bags when shopping are married, Caucasian women between the ages of 25-45. Like I said, it's just a guess, and we're very excited to see what we find out!

Again, thanks for the help!

P.S. These questions are for research purposes only, nothing personal intended!

1. How often do you go to the grocery store each week? A couple times a month
2. Do you bring your own bags? When I shop at Aldi I do, but I usually forget when I go to a regular grocery store (I do when I remember)
3. Age/Marital Status/Ethnicity? 52/Married/Caucasian
4. City/State? Pageland/SC

:)Barbara

1. How often do you go to the grocery store each week?
About 4 times per week - we eat a lot of fresh seafood & produce.

2. Do you bring your own bags? When I remember, yes. Although I do have the stores put fresh poultry & seafood in plastic bags.

3. Age/Marital Status/Ethnicity? 54/married/Caucasian

4. City/State? Culpeper, VA

I1. How often do you go to the grocery store each week?
- once a week
2. Do you bring your own bags?
- nope
3. Age/Marital Status/Ethnicity?
- 28/single/white
4. City/State?
- PA

there ya go...goodluck with your research

...why do I get the feeling that the next question is "what are you wearing?" :LOL:

...when doing research there is usually a purpose. The people who market these reusable bags don't care if your black or white, young or old, married or single, nor where you live. They only care about whether or not you use reusable bags.

You wouldn't be a clever DC visitor trying to get everyone's personal stats that are not typically disclosed here in their profiles...would you?

My thoughts exactly Mollyanne, I mean if you want to know who uses reusable bags why not hang out at a supermarket??? Makes sense to me... I don't give out personal information especially these days...

...You wouldn't be a clever DC visitor trying to get everyone's personal stats that are not typically disclosed here in their profiles...would you?

I don't think so. If you read some of the threads here, you can develop a pretty comprehensive file of information about some members just by the little tidbits of info they drop from time to time.

Completelly of topic. Back in my Soviet days there were no grocery bags in the store, everybody had bring their own bags. When I first came here and met my wife she thought it was silly not to have bags. I told her then (20 years ago) wait and you'll see, same thing is going to happen here. It is an incredible waist those bags.

P.S. I do most of my shopping in Sam's club, there are no bags there.

They're not a waste if you have indoor cats & elderly incontinent dogs. While I use my reusables for most things, I always have my poultry & seafood bagged in plastic to add to my stash for pet cleanup time.

Mollyanne: It's a project for my Anthro class, the paper isn't about the reusable bags or who markets them, it's about the demographic that mostly uses them. Our hypothesis is that they are most commonly used by married females, ages 25-50. I don't mean to pry, it's just part of the project guidelines.

Back
Top Bottom