Reusing oil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would not be a problem if you use it exclusively for seafood. If you fry any kind of vegetable in it, the vegetable would smell and taste like fish!

I use a Fry Daddy and reuse the oil a few times.
I sometimes strain it. Not all the time.
Even with an air fryer, I find myself heating up the always available Fry Daddy.
We buy the big container of soy bean oil at Costco.

Hey George, welcome from SE Wisconsin neighbor.
I fried jalapeño poppers in oil. The next thing tasted HOT, beware.

I use a Fry Daddy and reuse the oil a few times.
I sometimes strain it. Not all the time.
Even with an air fryer, I find myself heating up the always available Fry Daddy.
We buy the big container of soy bean oil at Costco.
Same here..I bought a plastic oil funnel with filter at the automotive department..when the oil has cooled down I filter it into a container and pop it into the freezer and wash out the fryer..works great

Same here..I bought a plastic oil funnel with filter at the automotive department..when the oil has cooled down I filter it into a container and pop it into the freezer and wash out the fryer..works great

I don't remove the oil from the Fry Daddy unless I am changing it for new oil.
I only strain it when I am reusing some of it along with some new oil.
I never use the fridge or freezer for used oil.
I just put the plastic top on once its cold and its ready for the next time.
I know my way has flaws. But I am lazy.

I use corn oil for frying. It has a high smoke point, is relatively flavorless and is inexpensive.

I used to have an electric deep fryer but it as a pain in the butt to clean so now I fry in a 4qt or 7.25qt saucepan.

When the oil is cool, I strain it through a 100% cotton men's handkerchief into a plastic bottle. I don't refrigerate it. I add fresh oil as needed when reusing.

Back
Top Bottom