Roasted Vegetables - Which Vegetables can go together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are a couple tricks to this. One is to roast foods together that have a similar density, like root vegetables - potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc., and cut them to a similar size, so they cook evenly.

The other is to start roasting denser vegetables first and then add less dense vegetables as time goes on. For example, start with potatoes; after 15 minutes, add onions. After another 15 minutes, add green beans. At the end of the 45 minutes, they're all done.

There are a couple tricks to this. One is to roast foods together that have a similar density, like root vegetables - potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc., and cut them to a similar size, so they cook evenly.

The other is to start roasting denser vegetables first and then add less dense vegetables as time goes on. For example, start with potatoes; after 15 minutes, add onions. After another 15 minutes, add green beans. At the end of the 45 minutes, they're all done.
Thanks! those are great tips!

Do you have some combo of vegetables that you like to roast together?

My Wife prefers to stay away from roast leeks not her favourite and I stay away from spinach, etc. just because it’s so thin.

Other than that play ball. Are top veggies for roasting besides potatoes/ sweet potatoes are carrots, onions, cabbage, beets, squash, bell peppers,

Parsnips, turnip are great but we don’t get them as much. Celery is good but we prefer celery root.

We chop and dump into a ziplock a pinch of oil and a bunch of herbs and spices zip mix and into a 9x13 or whatever you use. I found they burnt easier on cookie sheets and easier to stir in a casserole dish. Also we do any and all veggies at the same time but for the root veggies I do slice thinner and I have or quarter and big chunks of say carrots, etc so the cook roughly three same.

Also this is a great filling side to your meal but... make extra to save yourself some work. I take delicious roast veggies and blend them with a bit of broth I often go chicken or beef depending on my mood but vegi broth is fine you can even add a bit of cream to silky it up. Dump that back into a casserole dish like a deep round one with handles like that set mom always had but used her 9x13 for everything instead lol. And rebake your new soup every time you want some.
Add a jalapeño if you like after it’s in the pot chop up leftover roast beef, chicken, turkey etc if you want and if you want to sweeten it up now is the time to add some frozen corn.

If you have extras baked anyways a great soup isn’t far away

Oh and just like beef that’s a great way to use any last bits of lamb roast you may have the earthy root veggies and the stronger taste of lamb blend well

Back
Top Bottom