Salsa Recipe not yet right.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do mine exactly the same way Beth. The only other thing I would suggest is to use Roma tomatoes because they have fewer seeds and gel.

I want fresh salsa, not cooked in any way. Herdez brand of salsa is a pretty good substitute when I'm too lazy to make my own. I never buy Pace because it's made in New York City, don't cha know.:yuk:;)
Whoops...now I see you live in Buffalo.:blush::flowers:

Buffalo is about 9 hours west of NYC. In any event I am certain NYC does in fact have a Mexican population. Lol.

I don't use the seeds or gel from the tomatoes. I just cut the tomatoes up leaving the skin on and discard the seeds and gel. If making Pico de Gallo, the only liquid I add is lime juice. I also use pablano chilis with the Jalapeno, no seeds. If you want a spicier salsa, add some roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped Hatch chilis, starting with mild.

I never buy Pace because it's made in New York City, don't cha know.:yuk:;)
Whoops...now I see you live in Buffalo.
Pace Picante sauce is made in San Antonio, where they know what picante sauce is supposed to taste like. That other stuff is made in New York City. New York City? GET A ROPE!

In Buffalo, they have Frank’s Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce. When I lived there, I put that $#!t on everything!

Last edited:
Pace Picante sauce is made in San Antonio, where they know what picante sauce is supposed to taste like. That other stuff is made in New York City. New York City? GET A ROPE!

In Buffalo, they have Frank’s Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce. When I lived there, I put that $#!t on everything!

Frank's is tasty stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom