Salsa Shelf Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pace Picante "Hot" here. ;)
The medium or mild just doesn't cut it.
Yeah it can be hard to find hot because I think most folks are wimps when it comes to hot spices so the stores don't stock it.
Doesn't last more then a week or two here. :pig:

When I make my own salsa it lasts for 2 weeks or more. Please remember that I'm not a germaphobe and as long as it looks and smells good I'll eat it. :pig:
The expiration/best by date is how long the manufacturer says the product will be good as far as quality is concerned. Food safety is another question all together. Once opened it's a whole new ball game. Common sense as to what you feel comfortable eating takes over.

Pace and other store salsas hang out in the fridge until eaten, usually no more than a month. If I think it may be hanging around too long, into a recipe it goes or on eggs for breakfast until it's gone.

If I make it fresh and uncooked, no more than about four days until it gets too soggy. Then, again, I think of something to add it to so it gets used up. Make chicken tortilla soup, drain the juice off the salsa and add it in.

I can salsa too, but I've found once I open my jars, it does not last nearly as long as the store varieties.

Back
Top Bottom