Salt keepers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have this one and I love it.

I prefer one with a lid so that insects and dust and other things can't get it.

The advantages of a salt cellar is that you have salt handy and you can just grab a pinch when you want.

There is no advantage of olive wood over other types of wood. It is just aesthetics.

I have this same one and I love it. It sits next to my stove on the counter and I fill it with coarse sea salt. I don't use the spoon, I can control the amount of salt going into my food by just scooping it up with my fingers and spreading the salt into the pot. This is one of my " can't do without" gadgets.

Mine did not have the spoon either. I got mine from Altons site as well. I am glad I did not get a spoon with mine though. I would not use it. I like using my fingers.

same here, use fingers. Amazon is cheaper than Alton's. ;)

In the kitchen I use a round cut glass sugar bowl that has a lid, about 4-4.5 inch diameter and about as deep, that I picked up at an estate sale for about 25-cents. I, too, use my fingers so it not having a spoon is a moot point.

I should use one. I have a shaker but always shake into my hand so I can tell how much I'm adding. I think I'll add it to my list.

That's what it is, a cheese shaker. I had a smaller one that you sometimes see with pepper flakes in it but I had to refill it too often.

I just got a Magnum Plus. It sure cranks out a lot of pepper!

The reviews weren't kidding, that's for sure. Like barely 1/4 turn puts out a nice amount. I was dialing it in in my white sink :)

I have a shaker but always shake into my hand so I can tell how much I'm adding.
When I use a shaker I always do that. I have been burned too many times by shakers that pour out too fast. Pouring into your hand you can make sure you get the right amount.

When I use a shaker I always do that. I have been burned too many times by shakers that pour out too fast. Pouring into your hand you can make sure you get the right amount.

Very true. That's why I do it. But why have the shaker if you're going to use the hand anyway? It seems silly now that I think about it.

I bought one of those 3 pack matching container thingys from Linens & Thingys, I think. Large, medium and small. The large one has the coffee, medium has the sugar and the small one has the salt.

I keep the salt next to the pepper, but people STILL put it in their coffee. :unsure:

I have this one and I love it.

I prefer one with a lid so that insects and dust and other things can't get it.

The advantages of a salt cellar is that you have salt handy and you can just grab a pinch when you want.

There is no advantage of olive wood over other types of wood. It is just aesthetics.

That's the same one I have. I love mine too! Keep it right next to the stove filled with Kosher salt.

You know what I love? :ermm: Seriously? :ermm::ermm:
I love when we can all have a good talk and share ideas based on a question by someone on their first post. And we usually never do here whether we helped them or not, but we had a good discussion anyway.
I love that! :-p Seriously! :-p:-p

I think some of the longest posts here have been started by folks who pop in and ask one question.
Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Back
Top Bottom