Sat out overnight....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PreRaphaelsMuse

Assistant Cook
Last night I made a really good flowerless chocolate cake that had butter, chocolate chips, eggs, sugar and coco. It was cooked in the oven for 45 min but is very moist. Unfortunately it was left out on the counter overnight. I stuck it in the refrigerator this morning. Is it still ok to eat?

I would have left that cake out of the fridge as a matter of course. I don't think a chocolate cake needs to be refrigerated.

I have made flourless chocolate cakes and the recipe says to refrigerate from 2 days to 2 weeks to set properly. I wait two days before eating any, really hard to do! But I do not see any problem with leaving it out overnight. What is your climate? It was cold here last night.

This was my first time posting on here. You guys are so fast! I really appreciate it! I thought it would probably be ok but I guess the moistness and the eggs made me a little hesitant. I live in Tennessee but we have air conditioning so it didn't get really warm last night. I can't wait to eat some more tonight! Thanks!

I say throw it.....................in the back seat of my car!!!:ROFLMAO:

I live in the Bradenton/Sarasota area so I can be at you house in 5 hours:LOL:.

well, to be on the safe side, I'd test a piece first, and after eating it, nothing happens to you for 5 minutes, I'd test a second piece to be certain you have had a valid test slice. Still if there is no reaction have another slice with an objective second judge (family or friend is fine) and if after that no one is ill or dead or whatever, it should be safe. That being the case, dig in!

You guys are beating me to the punch :ermm:
But if there's any left, I'll gladly "test" a piece, too :)

Bring it to me. I'll check it out for you. It's possible the only thing that will save it will be fresh whipped cream and strawberries. I've already got those:angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom