Sea salt: Is it better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess some people can't (won't?) taste the differences between them but I most certainly can. I love it ~ it makes my taste buds happy since there's so much more going on than just a salt taste.

I use kosher to cook with and save my sea salts for adding that extra little something-something right at serving time.

Kosher salt is better than table salt in what way?
Well that depends on what you are using it for. What makes kosher salt kosher salt is the shape and size of the grains. The salt sticks to food and does not disolve as fast as table salt. For popcorn kosher salt is a bad choice as the crystals are too big. For seasoning a steak kosher is great because the salt sticks to the meat and does not disolve too fast.

I use Kosher salt exclusively and I was a bit concerned about the lack of iodine in my diet. Sea salt contains just a minimal amount of natural iodine. Processed foods rarely contain iodized salt as it can alter the flavor and color of food during processing.
I discovered that my daily multiple vitamin and mineral tablet contains 100% of the daily requirement for iodine. Problem solved.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom