Should I eat those chicken drumsticks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sabsg

Assistant Cook
I've ordered chicken drumsticks from online supermarket and they didn't look good to me
They where dissected and you can see the tendon
They were marked as fresh
Picture

R8LH4YM.jpg

Paid 10$/kg by the way

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you slit them or did they come like that? Drumsticks certainly have tendons, they appear normal to me. Just snip them off if they bother you. Is there another reason you question if they are safe to eat, like how do they smell, and how were they shipped to you?
By the way, welcome to Discuss Cooking.

Last edited:
Did you slit them or did they come like that? Drumsticks certainly have tendons, they appear normal to me. Is there another reason you question if they are safe to eat, like how do they smell, and how were they shipped to you?
I agree that they look normal. Some places might trim the visible tendons more than others, but they're not an indication that something is wrong with them. If they smell fine and were cold when you received them, I'd just trim them and cook them.

If the don't smell bad, go ahead and cook them. The butchering leaves a lot to be desired.

They had no foul smell but felt very slimy, don't know if it's indication of freshness
I also bought chicken breast from the same brand and they looked fine raw but after frying them with breadcrumbs and eggs they tasted like rubber.
I've used the same technique for every chicken breast and they came out tender until now

Last edited:
"back in the day..." my mother would wipe down chicken with lemon juice... so yes, wipe them down, cook, eat and enjoy.

and Kayelle - I do some drumsticks in an asian style, with the knobs cut off and I also remove the tendons. Tedious work but certainly worth it.

I use a tiny pair of pliers, a very sharp paring knife and lots of patience.

I'll look for the pictures, know i have some....

Back
Top Bottom