Should this pork be discarded?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's not how it is supposed to work. and she didn't say it was 100% that way - I feel she was just implying it could be that way.

Really? I think you're reading an implication where there was a declaration.

But we need to keep in mind, sometimes the information is premature in its presentation. The scientist is in a hurry to be published. It will look better on his resume. So that information needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

That's also a pretty serious slam against the ethics and integrity of scientists, which I find quite offensive.

Food magazines often do articles on scientific studies of some ingredient or recipe. Are you saying you've never seen one?

I'm saying that food journalism often leaves something to be desired when it comes to interpreting and reporting on scientific research. Food magazines are not where I choose to get information on food safety, health or nutrition.

Last edited:
This root beer pork interests me. I've cooked CP pork in Coca Cola (not diet, regular) and it's always turned out good. Root beer would add another dimension of flavor.

Last edited:
You are so right dragnlaw. All of the members here are adults and have common sense. Just the fact that STiZzle questioned the safety of his meal and had the good common sense (that we all have) to go to a site that would have the right answer tells us something.

Nobody here would deliberately give bad advice that would make someone sick. I would say 99% of the answers to a question are spot on. Based on their personal experience in the kitchen.

It's fine to look up scientific information in the food magazines. But we need to keep in mind, sometimes the information is premature in its presentation. The scientist is in a hurry to be published. It will look better on his resume. So that information needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

I would rather listen to the members here and follow their advice when it comes to food, than any scientific study.

Addie, that isn't true. If anything, it would be the writers of the articles in the food magazines who are in a hurry to be published, and more concerned with the length of their resume. Not the scientists who often research for YEARS.

The science involved in food safety is pretty simple and well established. Not a whole lotta new information/studies/research on the basic rules of food safety.

Learn the simple Serve Safe class material.

The science involved in food safety is pretty simple and well established. Not a whole lotta new information/studies/research on the basic rules of food safety.

Learn the simple Serve Safe class material.

+1. There are practice tests available online, too, to check your knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom