Silver dragees?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
Does anyone know if you can still buy the little silver balls (I think they are called silver dragees)? I can't find them anywhere. I just bought a new cupcake recipe book this morning and some of the recipes call for them for decoration. The book was printed in 2006, so it's not old.

I loved picking them off of my cupcakes as a kid, and eating them. I couldn't imagine anyone would eat enough of them in a lifetime for them to ever be a problem. Interesting website though--I never knew that.

:)Barbara

I took a look at Wilton's site - but didn't see any dragees. However, noticed some silver & gold dust & several jimmies, assorted sprinkles, & pearls. Worth checking out. Speaking of cupcakes, there's a ginormous cupcake the size of a cake, but the pan is about $27 - yikes. And, another cupcake recipe I like is - a cupacke w a strawberry inserted inside. If your interested let me know.

Wilton

Cupcake Fun by Wilton

Last edited:
I took a look at Wilton's site - but didn't see any dragees. However, noticed some silver & gold dust & several jimmies, assorted sprinkles, & pearls. Worth checking out. Speaking of cupcakes, there's a ginormous cupcake the size of a cake, but the pan is about $27 - yikes. And, another cupcake recipe I like is - a cupacke w a strawberry inserted inside. If your interested let me know.

Wilton

Cupcake Fun by Wilton

Wow, Amy. That is some cupcake. Wouldn't you love to have that cupcake pan? I just bought a new cupcake cookbook the other day. It has some great recipe, especially the frostings. I would love your recipe with the strawberry inserted inside. Thanks, JoAnn

Wow, Amy. That is some cupcake. Wouldn't you love to have that cupcake pan? I just bought a new cupcake cookbook the other day. It has some great recipe, especially the frostings. I would love your recipe with the strawberry inserted inside. Thanks, JoAnn

Yes, please. I'd like one of each, lol. That's one BIG cupcake. :)

Thank goodness for Mastercook. I save everything.

This is one version, w the strawberry plunked in in the finished cupcake.

Recipes : Strawberry-Lime Stuffed Cupcakes : Food Network

And, one w the berry baked in the mix. Yum. Yum.

Coconut & Lime: Lemon Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberry Centers

(Maybe one could cheat & buy some chocolate (etc) cupcakes & cut the hole for the strawberry :angel:)

Let us know how you like the book & the name, if you like. Have fun cupcake making:chef:

Oh, MY!
Strawberry-Lime Stuffed Cupcakes, Oh My! on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

ETA: Oops. Wilton's has dragees (& edible pearls).
Dragees & Candy Pearls for confectionery decorating: white, silver, gold, pastels

Last edited:
My new cupcake cookbook is not a very big book, it only has about 80 pages. But the recipes sound so good and like I said especially the frostings. The name of the book is just "Cupcakes" by Susanna Tee. The pictures are so beautiful. It is almost like an art book.
Some of the recipes call for self-rising flour and superfine sugar, so they are a little different. I bought the book at Michael's craft store.

Little silver balls get used a lot in Indian cooking, so you wanna try to check at stores like that. I usually find the at bulk food places.

Back
Top Bottom