So many answers out there to one simple question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThrowTheDogAScone

Assistant Cook
And the question is, how long does it take to bake chicken strips in the oven? Which will probably be coated in something involving peanut butter.

I've googled the time to cook and the first three answers were: 5 - 7 minutes, 15 - 20 minutes and 20 - 25 minutes! so I'm still no closer to chicken strip enlightenment.

Please help, knowledgeable forum members, so that the kids don't have to have omelettes again

Welcome to DC.

So much information missing.

How hot is the oven?
How thick/wide are the strips?
How heavy is the coating?

Do you have an instant read thermometer?

Oven - about 180oC I guess or 200oc, can do any.

Strips - about 1" probably

Coating wouldn't be too thick, its basically peanut butter, lemon juice and some spice.

Yes, I have got a probe thermometer

Then it shouldn't take too long. Maybe 20 minutes, give or take. Check the internal temperature at the thickest part after 15 minutes. You want to attain a minimum temperature of 74ºC. Cook in 3 minute intervals after the first check until you hit the target temp.

You tweaked my curiosity with "peanut butter" on chicken.

Chicken strips are boneless, and not very big -- at least in "Merca." You are more likely to overcook them than undercook them.

If you have a probe thermometer that you trust, use it. You can't really go by time. When the thickest piece of chicken reaches a safe temperature, pull it all out of the oven, and let it rest for a few minutes.

Please let us know how the chicken strips turned out. I'm sure I am not the only one wanting to know how chicken strips with a peanut butter based coating turned out.

CD

Please let us know how the chicken strips turned out. I'm sure I am not the only one wanting to know how chicken strips with a peanut butter based coating turned out.
It's good. There are a ton of recipes for Thai peanut chicken, and it's a regular on the slow cooker recipe websites. What? You don't have a slow cooker? You can also make it on the stovetop or in the oven.

CG posted this sometime back

http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2014/04/crockpot-thai-peanut-chicken-recipe.html

and I make it with b/s chicken thighs, top it with snow peas and sliced radishes, and serve it over brown rice. I use thighs in the slow cooker, as white meat tends to dry out. I cook on low for 3-1/2 hours.

Back to the OP's question, I agree with Andy's suggested times. Chicken breast strips in the oven can overcook quickly, especially the thinner sections.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom