Something suitable to keep in the fridge and use next day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaymeh

Assistant Cook
Hey all,

Basically, when I work I get a short break during my shift, and let's just say I'm getting bored of eating a meat pie or pasty from the bakery across the road! Haha.

I'm looking for something I can preferably make the day before, so I can simply put it in the fridge then either eat it cold, or microwave it the next day during my dinner break.

I was just wondering if you guys had any good ideas? I very much like Chinese food if there are any Chinese recipes suitable for this? :)

Thanks guys :)

Pasta Salads or Hearty Soups - There are so many varieties to choose from.

Here's a great Thai-style pasta salad - It's time consuming, but makes a lot, enough for at least 4 main dish servings. (Or you can easily halve it if you want to make less) Serve it at room temperature, not cold, otherwise the peanut sauce gets too thick and dry. *Note: I double the sauce, and use thin spaghetti instead of rice noodles:

THAI-STYLE PASTA SALAD
Thai-Style Pasta Salad Recipe

Last edited:
I take a chef's salad with dressing in a little baggie. Sometimes I make a very large salad and bring it for the fridge at work. It's good for several days and I just put it on a plate and add my dressing. The varieties are endless.

I make up lunches from the meals I cook on my days off. All are microwavable and cost effective.

Welcome to DC!

Welcome to DC. While I was working, I always took leftovers from the dinner the day before. Always good, especially the day after.

I would google Malay, Beef Rendang.Chinese, Hakka fried pork braised with woodears. Nyonya,Pork Assam Babi.
These three taste better the next day:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom